Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#3281 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

I have a question about additional costs that are not listed on the MP website ie. translation of documents, mariachi during cocktail hour (i'm assuming it costs the same as for ceremony), ipod station (was it $400?), dress pressing, cost of linens, hurricane candles, etc.

I want to keep things in budget and would really like to know in advance how much everything else costs besides the rooms and wedding packages, if there's anything I didn't mention please let me know! Thanks!

#3282 Fruitcrush

Fruitcrush
    • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

dublauvelt- I have the same questions too. I don't like that the WC does not contact you until 3 months prior.. if not closer to your wedding date. It doesn't allow much time for budgeting. The smallest things add up! For us,we want to know about candles and all the extras for the reception. I want to start collecting things now while they are on clearance! I'm a discount shopper with these types of things! :)

I found out who my WC is and I will probably try to email after the New Year so that I have a better idea of things. There are many things I can wait on arranging, but others I NEED to know now

Adriana

#3283 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
      • 443 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

did anyone get a pricelist from the decor company? (Decocancun or Zuniga) I asked my travel agent to find out but she is having a hard time getting it from them b/c my wedding is so far away.

I would love to know how much the light up dance floor is! I saw it in one of the reviews of a wedding that was at Dreams cancun. It had a light up dance floor on the beach and lights underneath each table, it looked awesome!

#3284 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
        • 380 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Fruitcrush
          dublauvelt- I have the same questions too. I don't like that the WC does not contact you until 3 months prior.. if not closer to your wedding date. It doesn't allow much time for budgeting. The smallest things add up! For us,we want to know about candles and all the extras for the reception. I want to start collecting things now while they are on clearance! I'm a discount shopper with these types of things! :)

I found out who my WC is and I will probably try to email after the New Year so that I have a better idea of things. There are many things I can wait on arranging, but others I NEED to know now
          did anyone get a pricelist from the decor company? (Decocancun or Zuniga) I asked my travel agent to find out but she is having a hard time getting it from them b/c my wedding is so far away.

I would love to know how much the light up dance floor is! I saw it in one of the reviews of a wedding that was at Dreams cancun. It had a light up dance floor on the beach and lights underneath each table, it looked awesome!
          The dj company I was looking into for my AHR has this option. This might give you a price point but with the dj company a 4x4 square is $200 each. And they're based out of NJ.... so it will most likely cost a lil different than that but just a heads up.

#3285 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
          • 202 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

Here's some pricing that's listed on the website:

Palace Resorts Weddings

I'm pretty sure they don't charge to steam your dress but don't quote me on that!

The Mariachi band is on there but I'm not sure about the candle holders, etc. I didn't look that far into it :P

#3286 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
            • 445 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Hello,

I actually read somewhere that there is a charge to steam your dress (but cant remember where I found that information), believe it's $50 to $60.

Now I'm getting married at Aventura Spa but I would think that would be the same at Moon Palace. There is a spreadsheet on here somewhere with the price information for the salon, etc...

I will see if I can locate it and post the information.
              Cristi & Jamie
              http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#3287 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
              • 202 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:40 AM

Thanks for the correction Cristi

#3288 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                • 443 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

I would love to see some more reviews! Weren't there a lot of brides in Nov. and Dec? I am so anxious to see recent things like the new packages with the decor and hear about the photogs, etc.

#3289 j081717

j081717
                  • 52 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by drtracy
                    They are - I think I just replied to the thread you started about it too. If you check out my review I think I have the photogs name there. They are good, just tell them what you want pics of. I think some people didn't like their pics b/c they weren't what they wanted (i.e. they wanted certain poses, family pics, etc.) but if you ask, you shall receive.
                    Drtracy, I would love to see your TTD session but everytime I click on it, it just goes to the beginning section of the forum. What is your post called?

#3290 j081717

j081717
                    • 52 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Ok so here's my attempt to post my save-the-date and invitation. The save the date is the boarding pass and the invitation is the passport.C:UsersjoavergaraPicturesSave the Date and InvitationsIMG_3512.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter