Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Vgirl7,

I had initially inquired with Maribel about the paper lanterns and she put me in touch with Zuniga directly. She connected me to Aldo Ameneyro. His email address is aldo@decocancun.com and website is Zúñiga Productions | Special Event Services for Groups and Conventions.

We emailed back and forth, settled on a price and then he sent me a proposal to look over and sign. He then emailed Maribel to put the contract in my file. I followed up with Val once I was assigned to her and forward it to her again, just in case.

I LOVED the bouquets. They weren't complicated so that probably helped but I think if you be as specific as possible but not complicated, you'll be pleased with the outcome.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseddy View Post
Okay, ladies. My review is finally done!! I am so happy to share my experience with you and to answer any questions you may have. I have it under the "review" forum with a link to it in my siggy.

Does anyone know how to change a link's name so that it says for example "Moon Palace Review" instead of listing out the path?

Also, the pictures were larger when I was editing them but when I saved the thread, they became thumbnail size. Any suggestions?

Once again, I just want to thank everyone on this forum for contributing and making my dream wedding possible. I couldn't have done it without you!

Enjoy! :)

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to give us that wonderful review!!!

I have 2 questions...

1. I am also planning on ordering freeze dried pedals from flyboynaturals.com. You said that you ordered 60 cups total for 45 guests and it was plenty....they no longer have the option to order 25 and get 5 free. You either have to get 20 and get none free or get 30 and get 4 free. I would double one of these and either get 40 or 68 cups. I will have roughly 30 guests that I want to throw pedals, would like them for the aisle, and reception tables. Did you feel like you had a lot more than you really needed or do you think it was perfect? 68 just seems like a ton, but I definitely don't want to run out.

2. You have roses on the aisle...who put them there and when. We will not have a flower girl. Are they placed before guests arrive, after guests arrive, but before bride and who did it??

Thank you so much again for the review!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgirl17 View Post
Fantastic!!! Thank you so much for all of the WONDERFUL information!!! I do have a question for you though. I've asked my on-site coordinator for an estimate for a lounge set-up by Zuniga but she has yet to respond. When were you able to make those arrangements with Zuniga? Did you do it on-site or during the 90 days before your wedding? Thanks!!! Also your bouquet looked gorgeous! That's one of the things I'm worrying about ... flowers.
Try Zuniga direct, I contacted them for a lounge set up and they were very helpful and got back to me quicky! Good Luck!

TonyandTricia, I actually ordered 110 cups. I doubled the special, which at the time was buy 25 cups and get 30 free. (2x55=110 cups for $115 with tax ). There were limited colors for this special but I was undecided between two colors and Very Berry happened to be one of them and was part of the special. I have a hunch that with Valentine's day nearing, they aren't running as many. Have you taken a look at the 'brides on a budget' collection?

As far as how many to get, I think every single person (43 not including DH and I) grabbed a handful of petals. You have fewer guests, so that's good and not everyone needs to throw them. You want a couple of good pictures and you can get that from just a few people throwing them right in front of you. If you have more questions you should call them directly. I spoke with someone there and she was very helpful and patient and explained how many cups I should get.

I gave the flowers to Val at our on-site meeting and explained that i wanted a few scattered on the aisle and in the gazebo. She said the aisle would be hard to do b/c the wind might scatter them but on the stairs and inside the gazebo would be better. As always, I listened to what Val said:) We didn't have flower girls either. The petals were there before people arrived at the gazebo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseddy View Post
TonyandTricia, I actually ordered 110 cups. I doubled the special, which at the time was buy 25 cups and get 30 free. (2x55=110 cups for $115 with tax ). There were limited colors for this special but I was undecided between two colors and Very Berry happened to be one of them and was part of the special. I have a hunch that with Valentine's day nearing, they aren't running as many. Have you taken a look at the 'brides on a budget' collection?

As far as how many to get, I think every single person (43 not including DH and I) grabbed a handful of petals. You have fewer guests, so that's good and not everyone needs to throw them. You want a couple of good pictures and you can get that from just a few people throwing them right in front of you. If you have more questions you should call them directly. I spoke with someone there and she was very helpful and patient and explained how many cups I should get.

I gave the flowers to Val at our on-site meeting and explained that i wanted a few scattered on the aisle and in the gazebo. She said the aisle would be hard to do b/c the wind might scatter them but on the stairs and inside the gazebo would be better. As always, I listened to what Val said:) We didn't have flower girls either. The petals were there before people arrived at the gazebo.
110 cups?!? Holy Cow. I thought you just made a typo when you said you received 30 free. I thought you meant 30 total. Thanks for the info...I think I will give them a call tomorrow. I called them once, and you're right....they are very nice and helpful over the phone. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
For the people who have been there, do they have a good selection of gifts in the gift shop?

The website says it has possible favors, what kind did they have? was it cheap junk or nice? could I get my bridesmaid jewelry from there or should I get it here?
They do have nice gift shops in the Nizuk and Sunrise lobbies. They also have fine jewelry shops that carry gold, sterling silver and swarovski crystal jewelery. I can't remember what exactly they have for favors but it's a fairly nice variety of souvenier type stuff (ie. shot glasses, etc).