Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2981 honey740

honey740
  • Newbie
  • 148 posts

    Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

    FutureMsMoulton- if you want a beach wedding (they cost extra btw) I would highly suggest planning one of the latest times they have. It is VERY hot if you do it in the middle of the day on the beach. Not as much so in the gazebo because you have some shelter from the sun.

    #2982 slapsappyhappy

    slapsappyhappy
    • Jr. Member
    • 443 posts

      Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

      how much extra do the beach weddings cost? My FI and I are negotiating about this because I want the gazebo and he wants the beach. My concerns are that his parents are old, his sis cannot really stand the sun, and he sweats gallons even in 70 degree weather- so the gazebo has chairs and shade. He wants the beach and says it is our wedding so the guests can sweat a little. If we have a beach wedding in August around 5pm will it still be unbearably hot?

      #2983 JSimMCP

      JSimMCP
      • Newbie
      • 31 posts

        Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

        Eureaka thanks for your post! Do you remember when you reserved your room block? Do you think I need to go through my TA or the lady in Miami from Moon Palace I have been talking to? I just want to make sure I have everything in order. I asked my TA how we would go about making sure everyone was kinda on the same side of the resort (beacuse I have heard it is really big) and she said she would request it when my guest made reservations with her. Is this right? I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

        #2984 angelalanahung

        angelalanahung
        • Jr. Member
        • 174 posts

          Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:50 AM

          Hi guys,

          I am getting married at the Moon Palace 2010.

          I have heard that they will not allow you to bring in a photographer from Mexico but you can bring one from outside the country.

          I am a little confused as on some websites, they have galleries of weddings they worked on at the Moon Palace?

          Can anyone help me out on this please.

          Many thanks!

          #2985 nibsmom

          nibsmom
          • Member
          • 564 posts

            Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JSimMCP
            Eureaka thanks for your post! Do you remember when you reserved your room block? Do you think I need to go through my TA or the lady in Miami from Moon Palace I have been talking to? I just want to make sure I have everything in order. I asked my TA how we would go about making sure everyone was kinda on the same side of the resort (beacuse I have heard it is really big) and she said she would request it when my guest made reservations with her. Is this right? I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.
            Hey Jenna! You can go through either Miami or your TA to get room blocks. I checked both to see who got the lower price (my TA did). However, if you go through your TA, make sure they are still able to get you all the freebies written into your contract! From what I've heard, some TAs can do it, and others haven't been able to. Check on that for sure!!!

            My TA was also able to get us all on the Nizuc side, which was what I wanted!

            #2986 nibsmom

            nibsmom
            • Member
            • 564 posts

              Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy
              how much extra do the beach weddings cost? My FI and I are negotiating about this because I want the gazebo and he wants the beach. My concerns are that his parents are old, his sis cannot really stand the sun, and he sweats gallons even in 70 degree weather- so the gazebo has chairs and shade. He wants the beach and says it is our wedding so the guests can sweat a little. If we have a beach wedding in August around 5pm will it still be unbearably hot?
              Hey! Well...I think it might be quite warm...but I'm not sure about unbearably hot! I can say that I got married in mid-July at 1pm, and I almost fainted 3 times once I got out onto the beach. By 6pm when we started our outdoor reception though, everyone was fine. The fact that you're at 5pm really helps. You might want to ask your WC what she thinks - she'll tell you if she thinks it will be too hot!

              #2987 nibsmom

              nibsmom
              • Member
              • 564 posts

                Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by angelalanahung
                Hi guys,

                I am getting married at the Moon Palace 2010.

                I have heard that they will not allow you to bring in a photographer from Mexico but you can bring one from outside the country.

                I am a little confused as on some websites, they have galleries of weddings they worked on at the Moon Palace?

                Can anyone help me out on this please.

                Many thanks!
                As far as I know this is true. I don't know if certain Mexican photographers have relationships with the resorts that allow them to do weddings, but when I was looking for a photographer, I got a lot of flat out "no, didn't you know MP doesn't allow Mexican photographers?"'s back in emails. I think they only way to possibly get around it would be to pay for them to stay a night or two - which some photographers are not really willing to do I guess.

                #2988 mrssharkey2be

                mrssharkey2be
                • Newbie
                • 16 posts

                  Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

                  Hi Nibsmom

                  Who did your photos? Did you use the hotel? Are they ok?

                  #2989 angelalanahung

                  angelalanahung
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 174 posts

                    Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nibsmom
                    As far as I know this is true. I don't know if certain Mexican photographers have relationships with the resorts that allow them to do weddings, but when I was looking for a photographer, I got a lot of flat out "no, didn't you know MP doesn't allow Mexican photographers?"'s back in emails. I think they only way to possibly get around it would be to pay for them to stay a night or two - which some photographers are not really willing to do I guess.
                    They work in Mexico but they are Canadian. I wonder if that would be good enough lol!!

                    #2990 TinaM2b

                    TinaM2b
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 445 posts

                      Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be!
                      hey peeps - looking for some advice from past brides.

                      we have about 20 guests travelling with us, and although most of them are staying at mp with us, there are a few guests booked up to stay at another hotel - dreams. We did say to them that they would need to either get a room for the night at mp, or use a day pass. But my question is, with the day pass they say on the website they can only stay in til 11pm - are they strict on this??
                      We had 8 people come in from outside. MP has a rule they only allow 20% of the number of guests staying at MP into the resort on day passes. We had 34 staying at the hotel and had to get an exception for 8 people.

                      It did end up working out for us and our WC even got our guests one comp room to share and use for the day. They were very strict about them leaving immediately after your last events though. Our events were from 1:30 to 10:00 so they got their money's worth.

                      During our wedding, MP didn't allow guests to stay only one night. The minimum was two nights.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter