Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2121 Camie78

Camie78
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jodimichelle
    AND FOR ALL- Ok I am 2 days away from signing my contract and one of my good friends emailed me with a concern- Is Mexico safe?

=(
    Jodimichelle,

I agree with Tina's comment above - the resort will be safe.

I was reviewing the Moon Palace website last night as I was preparing my 'helpful hints/get pumped up for your trip' email to our guests last night and I found a section on the Palace Resorts website dedicated to addressing the safety concerns in Mexico. The articles may help put your friend's mind at ease.

1. Go to Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site (www dot palaceresorts dot com) and scroll to the very bottom and click on the NEWS & UPDATES link.
    2. Click on the MEXICO SECURITY UPDATES link on the left-hand side of the page.

Good luck!

Camie

#2122 Camie78

Camie78
    • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cutierosie
      P.S. Tina, I brought my wedding coordinator a welcome gift (Jewelry, and a wedding favor), and on my way out I gave her a card and $60 dollars and two wedding favors for her assistants, I am also going to send her pictures of the table set up that she wanted. I didn't know how much to tip, but it was the only money I had left on my way out, I feel guilty because I wanted to give her more. I also tipped every server at the reception 100 pesos and the DJ 200 pesos each. I also tipped every server at the rehearsal dinner 50 pesos each (there were about 4-5 of them)
      Thank you cutierosie for the recommendation on tipping. I am so lost when it comes to tipping, how much, who, when, etc and this gives me a base to work with.

Camie

#2123 soon2bemsleblanc

soon2bemsleblanc
      • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Congratulations Cutierosie!!! I am sooooo excited for your review!! Can't wait :)
        http://ticker.7910.o....RkaW5nLi4u.gif

~Mr. and Mrs. and 18 Guests Booked~

#2124 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
        • 310 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Cutie- Congratulations! Would love to see your pictures and if you have any information you could provide us Beach Wedding-Brides to Be that would be great. I am getting married in July 2010! When should I request my terrace of choice. Now during the booking process?

Camie- Thank you for letting me know. I can't convince the ones that are "scared" to go.. it doesn't matter where you go on vacation, you should always be aware of your surroundings. I honestly think it is an excuse, but whatever! Can't stress it!
          24 Rooms Booked!

#2125 Myen

Myen
          • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Camie78
            THIS JUST IN...

My WC emailed me a map of MP which includes all 3 sides: Sunrise, Nizuc, AND Grand. There really is a Grand side - mystery solved!

Camie
            Thanks so much for posting this Cami!!!

#2126 Myen

Myen
            • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
              Hi everyone,

I just had my beach wedding at the Moon Palace and it was absolutely gorgeous. I am working on my review right now and will post pictures that people took of our wedding with my review. I am taking my time to post the review because nobody has posted a review of a beach wedding, so I want to make it detailed and make sure I post pics. For those that are getting married there, you made an Excellent choice, I checked out many other resorts while there, and this one is absolutely the best for Weddings!! They have a mastery over weddings!

P.S. Tina, I brought my wedding coordinator a welcome gift (Jewelry, and a wedding favor), and on my way out I gave her a card and $60 dollars and two wedding favors for her assistants, I am also going to send her pictures of the table set up that she wanted. I didn't know how much to tip, but it was the only money I had left on my way out, I feel guilty because I wanted to give her more. I also tipped every server at the reception 100 pesos and the DJ 200 pesos each. I also tipped every server at the rehearsal dinner 50 pesos each (there were about 4-5 of them)
              Congratulations!!! I am so happy that everything went well and I just can't wait to read your review and see all of the wonderful pics.

#2127 chocolatedrop04

chocolatedrop04
              • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

This is what someone posted about tipping. Hope it helps

Quote:
                Hi everyone,

I just had my beach wedding at the Moon Palace and it was absolutely gorgeous. I am working on my review right now and will post pictures that people took of our wedding with my review. I am taking my time to post the review because nobody has posted a review of a beach wedding, so I want to make it detailed and make sure I post pics. For those that are getting married there, you made an Excellent choice, I checked out many other resorts while there, and this one is absolutely the best for Weddings!! They have a mastery over weddings!

#2128 Eureaka

Eureaka
                • 70 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Camie78
                  THIS JUST IN...

My WC emailed me a map of MP which includes all 3 sides: Sunrise, Nizuc, AND Grand. There really is a Grand side - mystery solved!

Camie
                  Thank you for posting this!!! I kept asking my WC in Miami for a map with the Grand included. I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't send one! This is such a help since I officially decided to switch our block of rooms to the Grand side. I couldn't make up my mind, and while I was trying on my dress I talked to another MOTB and she has a timeshare there and recommended it. I took that as a sign and e-mailed Marlyn. Hopefully I made a good choice! They said that if you need to travel, you can always request a golf cart... Here's hoping!

#2129 HaleGrifa

HaleGrifa
                  • 179 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Eureaka
                    Thank you for posting this!!! I kept asking my WC in Miami for a map with the Grand included. I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't send one! This is such a help since I officially decided to switch our block of rooms to the Grand side. I couldn't make up my mind, and while I was trying on my dress I talked to another MOTB and she has a timeshare there and recommended it. I took that as a sign and e-mailed Marlyn. Hopefully I made a good choice! They said that if you need to travel, you can always request a golf cart... Here's hoping!
                    Hola,

FYI Brides

They really do not make a habit of promoting the Grand Side - as it is usually time share based and is not yet completed.

Please note that just because you reserve a block on a particular side of the resort, does not mean that is is guaranteed.

MP is amazing and the weddings department is the best - no matter what happens you are sure to be pleased!

Best of Luck

#2130 ssbroncs

ssbroncs
                    • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

hey everyone

i was just married over at the mp and it was great. They really catered to my wife and she really enjoyed it. We were married on 4/10/09. The grand side is really nice and has one of the best restaurants at the hotel. This hotel is called the Caribeno. It is a seafood restaurant but serves great steaks as well. it is pool front and over looks the beach. The atmosphere is great and there is also a bar on the roof. We knew nothing about this restaurant but Nancy the wc recommended it. all in all we really enjoyed our wedding at the mp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter