Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6421 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by leigh2011 

I know you can definitely take in packaged food/candy as I had some snack items in my OOT bags plus a lot of granola bars.  They probably have the same rules as the US - no fresh fruits and vegetables.  The limit for all non-personal items (like decorations or OOT bag items) is $300 per person.

Leigh - Thank you for the information. I remember a bride goign to WalMart. Does anyone know if they carry food/ how hard it is to get there.

#6422 Thebride

Thebride
    • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Thank you so much for the info.

#6423 Alina8706

Alina8706
      • 35 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

You can find all the candy you can find in the US in Mexico at walmarts/ 7/11/ and Oxxo's. It may be a little more expensive (by .25 cents) but it may save you having to worry about it melting or give you room to pack other things.

#6424 Bethryan2012

Bethryan2012
        • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi girls! I just returned from having my wedding at Dreams Cancun and it was absolutely gorgeous! Everything went so perfect & Claudia was amazing! I used the resorts photographer (daniel) and the pictures are breathtaking of us, family and wedding party. I will post some of them once I figure out how to on here, lol.

#6425 robaarts

robaarts
          • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi! I am getting married at Dreams Cancun January 6  2013. Any body have any info on length of reception? Claudia was telling me my reception would be from 5-8 and I am freaking out!

#6426 Bethryan2012

Bethryan2012
            • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

My reception was 7-10 pm

#6427 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
              • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

The reception is 3 hours. From there you can pay for an extra hour of reception ($$ for DJ, for Drinks and for Reception for each guest) to push 1 extra hour. I am doing dinner from 6-9 (Reception). Giving everyone an hour to freshen up, then the youger (And older if they so choose) crowd will head to desires to finish the celebration there. :) Free DJ and Drinks!. Also this gives everyone some time to freshen up, as well as time alone for the future hubby and me. Just a thought... but your call. A lot of brides on this forum said they were given the extra hour free. I think it depends on how busy the hotel, and stuff...

Hope this helps.

#6428 leigh2011

leigh2011
                • 277 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by robaarts 

Hi! I am getting married at Dreams Cancun January 6  2013. Any body have any info on length of reception? Claudia was telling me my reception would be from 5-8 and I am freaking out!

The standard length is 3 hours.  You can extend it to 4 hours but it will cost you - I believe you have to pay the DJ (if you have one) for an extra hour and there is a per person fee for the waiters to keep bringing the drinks.

The timing for my wedding day:

Ceremony 4:30 to 5:00 pm

Cocktail hour 5:30 to 6:30 pm

Reception 6:30 to 9:30pm

The reception starting at 6:30pm seemed early to me, but considering that the official time for sun set on my wedding day was ~5:05pm, it was plenty dark and had the night time feel.

#6429 kellykanester

kellykanester
                  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Just about at the 4 month mark, cannot believe how the time has flown, still have so much to do, and I thought I was ahead of the game

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#6430 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
                    • 112 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by kellykanester 

Just about at the 4 month mark, cannot believe how the time has flown, still have so much to do, and I thought I was ahead of the game

Kelly

I know! Congratulations!! Time will fly. I am freaking out because we hit 6 months, but even worse, we are buying a house in 4 months. So i am overwhelmed with both. Have you gotten forms from either Claudia or Cecilia with 'options'?

I am trying to figure out what exactly i have to figure out. I know that sounds redundant but I feel a bit lost at the moment!!

Thanks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter