Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5271 mgl27

mgl27
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hi Girls,

I am still waiting to hear back from my TA about Juan and all that nonsense. 

Also, I emailed a DJ for quotes etc and they came back and told me that they no longer work directly with the hotel, so we would have to pay a outside vendor fee.  Yay.  Just another cost!  Are any of you girls using a DJ or do you know anything about the one the hotel uses???

Thanks Everyone!

Meghan

#5272 KB&JC

KB&JC
    • 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

I actually just talked to Claudia about all the DJ nonsense!! She said that Rodrigo Barcelo from AVII SPL  is the new DJ for Dreams. We have been emailing him and he seems nice, he emails back quickly and he says he has 18 years being a DJ for weddings. Hoping for the best!!!

Originally Posted by mgl27 

Hi Girls,

I am still waiting to hear back from my TA about Juan and all that nonsense. 

Also, I emailed a DJ for quotes etc and they came back and told me that they no longer work directly with the hotel, so we would have to pay a outside vendor fee.  Yay.  Just another cost!  Are any of you girls using a DJ or do you know anything about the one the hotel uses???

Thanks Everyone!

Dreams Cancun
      May 14, 2011
      Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#5273 mgl27

mgl27
      • 60 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

Great!! Thank you.  I am going to check out his website etc.  Does anyone know if the prices on the Dreams website are accurate for the DJ cost?

Or does anyone know what the cost would be for using an outside vendor?  I have my TA on it as well.  When she gets back to me, I will post that info!

Thanks, Girls.

Meghan

Meghan

#5274 caboose

caboose
        • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

I've been looking for a company to provide a fire show/fire dancers and Claudia told me it was going to be $100 to use an outside vendor. Not sure if the fee is the same for all outside vendors but that gives you an idea.

Great!! Thank you.  I am going to check out his website etc.  Does anyone know if the prices on the Dreams website are accurate for the DJ cost?

Or does anyone know what the cost would be for using an outside vendor?  I have my TA on it as well.  When she gets back to me, I will post that info!

Thanks, Girls.

Meghan

September 3rd 2011 @ Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
          *** Bride & Groom + 52 booked and counting ***

#5275 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
          • 299 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

CancunBride11

The spa terrace is located near the pier. Check out the Resort Map, the terrace is next to the tennis courts and behind the "outdoor spa cabins":

http://www.dreamsres...resort-map.html

So, the spa terrace is basically surrounded on 3 sides. The 4th side that faces the ocean has a low wall that you can see over. It overlooks the outdoor massage areas (little palapa type things) then the ocean. It was dark by the time we had our reception at 8pm, so you couldn't see the ocean anyways. I think technically you could see it though if you start your reception during the day.

Here is a link to our Cocktail Hour/Reception pictures. None of them are edited (I'm slowly working on that!) so some are a bit dark. Hopefully it helps!

https://picasaweb.go...ddingReception#

And finally, here is the best picture I can find to show you where the spa terrace is.

Wilsom12, 

I appreciate this picture. My main concern is, where is the Spa Terrace located? Can I see the beach from it (like the lobby terrace)? or is it closed in. My first choice was the regular Lobby Terrace, but it is booked :0( After looking at your pictures from your review, I became interested in the Spa Terrace. Your pictures came out really nice, but there are no pictures of where the Spa Terrace is located? I haven't seen any other pictures. Is there a site that you can direct me to? or can you post more pictures. I don't mean to be a bother. Thank you for your help :0)

#5276 chipotle99

chipotle99
            • 311 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hi Future Dreams brides!

I got married there in Nov 2010, and it was a beautiful experience. Just got a preview to my wedding "film" back (my videographer is amazing, but takes 6 months to deliver), and wanted to share it, video does the place more justice than pics. It's so gorgeous!

See it here: 

Good luck to all!

#5277 KB&JC

KB&JC
              • 70 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

who did your video? The trailer is beautiful!

Dreams Cancun
                May 14, 2011
                Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#5278 cricket2168

cricket2168
                • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:02 AM

Wowwww! Your video is beautiful! Made me all teary eyed!!!

Originally Posted by chipotle99 

Hi Future Dreams brides!

I got married there in Nov 2010, and it was a beautiful experience. Just got a preview to my wedding "film" back (my videographer is amazing, but takes 6 months to deliver), and wanted to share it, video does the place more justice than pics. It's so gorgeous!

See it here: 

Good luck to all!

#5279 SheenaMcDonald

SheenaMcDonald
                  • 171 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

We got married on January 5 and used him and he was really good.  We brought our own cd's for music but he worked with them before the wedding and meshed the music together so that there wasn't an akward pause in between songs, it kind of all flowed.  And when our cd's ended and he started playing music, it was great music that I had just forgotten to put on the cd's.  He was also a great MC, he was funny and his english is good.  We used him as well as the lightup dance floor from Dreams and loved it!

Originally Posted by KB&JC 

I actually just talked to Claudia about all the DJ nonsense!! She said that Rodrigo Barcelo from AVII SPL  is the new DJ for Dreams. We have been emailing him and he seems nice, he emails back quickly and he says he has 18 years being a DJ for weddings. Hoping for the best!!!

#5280 mgl27

mgl27
                    • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hi!!

Still waiting to hear back from my TA about the new photographer and DJ for Dreams.  I promise I will post the info as soon as I get it.  I emailed DJ Mannia the other day, and he wrote back that I need to set up everything through my WC at Dreams.  Just a waiting game at this point...

Meghan

Meghan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter