Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4701 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

i think you can have anyone you want officiate if it is only symbolic. i know for a fact a friend of mine had her brother officiate at dreams CABO for their symbolic ceremony, so i imagine the same can be said for cancun. i think the only thing they might question is the length of your ceremony (since they'd have no control over that if they didn't provide the officiant) because there might be other weddings on your date. i would still send the question to claudia to get the approval in writing (even tho the answer might take weeks).

#4702 mrs.timpone

mrs.timpone
    • 312 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

ok I take my statement about the pigeon back Claudia responded to me the NEXT day! I almost fell over in my seat! LOL

The answer is yes! you can have anyone you'd like officiate for a symbolic wedding!   Im very excited about that.  My future Brother in Law will be doing our Ceremony which is a relief because I know he will do a great job!  2 weeks and 1 day till I become a Mrs.  YAY! 

#4703 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
      • 183 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

Ladies for those of you who are getting married this month! Good luck and congrats!! I am sure you will look beautiful and the day will be amazing! I am getting married January 27 2011 and can't wait!!

#4704 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
        • 183 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

We are using my fiance's father who is also a deacon and Claudia is giving me a trade out for not using their minister. We are getting an hour free of the music equipment for the appetizers and cocktails.

#4705 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

wow, a ONE DAY TURNAROUND?!?! haha, unheard of! call off the pigeons! glad you got the news you wanted to hear ... now get on writing that ceremony script!

how exciting that your wedding is almost here!

#4706 mrs.timpone

mrs.timpone
            • 312 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

Yup my day , Opps i mean OUR day hehe,  is almost here!!! :)

I was wondering, I hear of past brides being able to "trade" things. Like Chipotle99 in your case when should I ask about "trading" things?   

At our first meeting? or thru emails?

#4707 tomick

tomick
              • 15 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

Mrs. Timpone, 

I traded stuff through email with Claudia, so far she has been fine with everything (we traded cocktail hour for extra guests at dinner). I don't think it will matter when you trade, I feel like they are used to it and have a standard for what you can trade etc. 

Hope that helps!

#4708 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

shae:  i was looking for the pic you had of the gazebo with the fabric panels from ikea and it's no longer available...if you get this, could you re-post pretty please!!  i really want some fabric for the gazebo and i remember thinking yours looked great, but i can't remember exactly what it looks like so i can give cecilia an idea, lol!! thanks!!

#4709 shanbeth

shanbeth
                  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

I did trade with Claudia over e-mail.  She gave me 10 more guests instead of the cocktail hour and also Gazebo decorations instead of the trio band.  I figured before I leave for Mexico I will send her an email covering everything we have talked about for confirmation and then print it out and take with me to make sure.

Shannon

11-11-10

#4710 rudebaga

rudebaga
                    • 46 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hello everyone! I've been a little absent on the board lately, but have still been lurking and keeping up with everyone's posts and reviews :)  I've got 2 questions that I'm sure you ladies have answers to...

First question...our wedding is just over 4 months away...when did you start getting emails from your WC with pics of flowers or info on an officiant or other details?

And second..I remember reading a while back on the Dreams Cancun website in the wedding section that they would soon have a website for family/friends that could not attend your wedding to still be able to watch live over the internet.  Does anyone know if this is up and running or has anyone had family/friends be able to watch from home?

Thanks ladies!

Debbie  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter