Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#3851 andim

andim
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

Hi ladies! Cecilia told me to visit their facebook page to see pictures of the new beach. Here's the link in case you haven't seen it.
    Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa | Facebook

#3852 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

wow it looks great!!! thanks for posting!

#3853 nbills511

nbills511
      • 164 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am new the forum as well....and want to thank you all in advance for all of the great information, reviews, and advice I have already found on this forum. I have not booked a date yes with Dreams Cancun, but am inquiring about early Nov '10 or late Feb '11. In looking through a lot of photos, I noticed that the gazebo appears to be very windy. Is that the typical experience for the brides who've already gotten married? I have long hair and would ideally like to wear it down....but from the pictures I've seen, it appears that wouldn't be possible given the amount of wind.

Secondly, Lindsey (JuneWddingDreams) would you mind sharing your travel agent information with me? We have a rather large group we are inviting to the wedding (initial estimate about # to actually attend is 80 - 100) so I think we'll definitely need a good TA to help out.

Thanks again and looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next year!!

#3854 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

yes, the gazebo is almost always VERY windy. somehow, it was windy at the gazebo every day of my trip EXCEPT my wedding day (which means we sweated to death instead). i had left my hairstyle and the veil/no veil decision up in the air until the very last minute and ended up wearing it half up (mostly down) with the veil, as i had originally wanted. the hairstylist at dreams had concerns about how loose it was (she is used to dealing with the wind there) but just gave me what i asked for and sprayed the heck out of it, haha.

you should have a contingency plan in case you cannot wear it the way you'd like to that day.

also, due to the wind (and the crashing waves) i highly suggest that you rent the sound system for your ceremony so that both you and your guests can hear! if you are planning on having a video the sound system is a must!

#3855 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
          • Banned
          • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

nbills- I just sent you a PM with his info...you cannot beat his prices...he's the best!
            Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#3856 Gemball

Gemball
            • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hey everyone,

Finally booked our wedding after much toing and froing. All booked for 22 Feb, 2011.

Gemma

#3857 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

congrats and welcome!!

#3858 KB&JC

KB&JC
                • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

after many months I have finally picked dreams cancun as my resort for the wedding!! yay!! I am awaiting reply but I am hoping for May 14, 2011!!
                  Dreams Cancun
                  May 14, 2011
                  Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#3859 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nbills511
                    Hi Ladies!

I am new the forum as well....and want to thank you all in advance for all of the great information, reviews, and advice I have already found on this forum. I have not booked a date yes with Dreams Cancun, but am inquiring about early Nov '10 or late Feb '11. In looking through a lot of photos, I noticed that the gazebo appears to be very windy. Is that the typical experience for the brides who've already gotten married? I have long hair and would ideally like to wear it down....but from the pictures I've seen, it appears that wouldn't be possible given the amount of wind.

Secondly, Lindsey (JuneWddingDreams) would you mind sharing your travel agent information with me? We have a rather large group we are inviting to the wedding (initial estimate about # to actually attend is 80 - 100) so I think we'll definitely need a good TA to help out.

Thanks again and looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next year!!

Yes, it's VERY windy! I didn't decide on my hair until I got there and I did have a veil. I ended up wearing my hair partially down and didn't wear my veil. Looking back, I kind of wish I would have wore my hair up all the way with my veil because pieces of my hair were falling out of place and blowing across my face during the ceremony.

#3860 Mardigras

Mardigras
                    • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KB&JC
                      after many months I have finally picked dreams cancun as my resort for the wedding!! yay!! I am awaiting reply but I am hoping for May 14, 2011!!
                      Congratulations and welcome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter