Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1631 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

I am getting legally married this Friday!! It is kina spur of the moment. My b-day is this friday, and we both took the day off. We couldnt figure out another day to do it. So we re doing it 10:30 am this Friday!!
    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#1632 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by STACEY
      I am getting legally married this Friday!! It is kina spur of the moment. My b-day is this friday, and we both took the day off. We couldnt figure out another day to do it. So we re doing it 10:30 am this Friday!!
      YAY it is fun! And he better not ever forget the day ha ha ha! And Happy Early Birthday!

#1633 Samantha S

Samantha S
      • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dmarie17
        I think that the guys have to have closed two shoes... I think I read that somewhere.
        Holy crap, I'm leaving really soon!!
        Yay!! Congrats, tell us how it goes!

#1634 Samantha S

Samantha S
        • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SIMBASIM
          I am buying silk flowers and bringing my own vases and putting them togther the day before. No way an I going to pay the ridiculous price she quoted me!! BTW, your centerpieces are beautiful! Nice choice.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cancunbride
          I thought about that also but carrying all these flowers and stuff really scares me just cause I dont want to get anything lost. But Im also considering Walmart and going there to see what they have..$200.00 is such a rip off, out here in CA something like this runs you about $60.00
          Ugh, I hear you! I'm going to do a combo of bringing stuff and seeing what I can pick up there at places like Walmart. This is really where Dreams nickel and dimes you (and the stereo equipment!) and its not worth it if you're on a budget. We'll be surrounded by the Caribbean Sea, I'm not too worried about the perfect centerpiece! Just good food, good drinks, good music and cuttin rug!

#1635 SLD4308

SLD4308
          • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking into having a Dreams cancun wedding, but I am nervous about prices for my guests.

Do any of you know roughly what the group rates are? I will probably have anywhere from 50-90 people at my wedding.

Any information would help.

#1636 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SLD4308
              Hi all,

I'm looking into having a Dreams cancun wedding, but I am nervous about prices for my guests.

Do any of you know roughly what the group rates are? I will probably have anywhere from 50-90 people at my wedding.

Any information would help.
              it all depends on the time of year and where you and your guests are traveling from. you will definitely want to get a travel agent as they can find you the best rates available, and take care of all your booking needs. there is a member on here who is a travel agent who specializes in dreams cancun, and she was even married there herself. i would have chosen her myself if i had known before we got ours. she is "TA jill." there's an ad for her at the top of the page.

#1637 SLD4308

SLD4308
              • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                it all depends on the time of year and where you and your guests are traveling from. you will definitely want to get a travel agent as they can find you the best rates available, and take care of all your booking needs. there is a member on here who is a travel agent who specializes in dreams cancun, and she was even married there herself. i would have chosen her myself if i had known before we got ours. she is "TA jill." there's an ad for her at the top of the page.
                Thanks...its going to be July 2010 - Were all coming from NYC...Thanks for the info- i'll check her out.

#1638 zorlack76

zorlack76
                • 259 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone know if the waiters at Dreams Cancun start tearing down tables and decorations for the reception at 9pm? I saw that on another thread and thought it was wierd. I was under the impression that the receptions go until 11pm if you wanted.

#1639 epargin

epargin
                  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

Hi Ladies!

I told my WC at Dreams that I wanted to use an outside photographer and asked her what the cost would be. Her response was, "Why wouldn't I want to use their photographer, he's really good."

My question is - Do any of y'all know his name - and have you used him or do you have a link to his work?

My worry is - I've read throughout this forum of Dreams Cancun brides who have used their own photographer and been very happy with their choice. So I'm not sure why I'm getting grief or does everyone?

Thanks for following me!

Emily

#1640 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

He's called Juan Navarro and his site is ok - i'm using just because i can't afford not to but don't expect replies to your emails because he doesn't lol

I was going to ask him about a TTD but he couldn't be arsed to respond to me so i've booked someone else lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter