Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1051 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by roxych1k
    I've decided to change my destination to Cancun instead of Los Cabos, the hotel seems to have a lot more options but only thing is they don't allow outside vendors. I might stick with the sound system and IPOD system, but what did you gals use for the ceremony? I'm having to cut a lot of things to make sure I stay within my budget.

Nadia
    Most of the girls from what I understand went with the sound guy or didn't do anything at all. I am going with the sound guy. When are you getting married?

#1052 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
    • 466 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
      I've decided to change my destination to Cancun instead of Los Cabos, the hotel seems to have a lot more options but only thing is they don't allow outside vendors. I might stick with the sound system and IPOD system, but what did you gals use for the ceremony? I'm having to cut a lot of things to make sure I stay within my budget.

Nadia
      Read back through the threads, there is lots of feedback from past brides who have used IPODS in Lieu of hiring the ridiculously expensive DJ. I myself am considering using an IPOD. I was going to hire an outside DJ but they started this NEW rule prior to getting approval. No biggee I just cannot justify having a DJ when I have like 5000+ songs on my I-tunes. my FI is quite the music junkie! I will likely just make playlists and play from either my laptop or my IPOD

#1053 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kat81
        Congrats Jill on being a TA!!! I didn't even know :)
        Thank you! It's something I've been working with Tammy on for awhile, we were finally ready to make the announcement!

Quote:

Nadia
        we used our IPOD & docking station for the ceremony & the reception because we didn't want to pay for the sound system.

#1054 Ana Cerda

Ana Cerda
        • 91 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TA Jill
          Thank you! It's something I've been working with Tammy on for awhile, we were finally ready to make the announcement!

we used our IPOD & docking station for the ceremony & the reception because we didn't want to pay for the sound system.
          Hi Jill, are you TA. Please PM regarding cancun packages from new york and new jersey on October 2008, my wedding date.

#1055 Cali

Cali
          • 281 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hi Jill Please PM regarding cancun packages from new jersey on Nov 11 to 17 2008,

thx

#1056 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ana Cerda
              Hi Jill, are you TA. Please PM regarding cancun packages from new york and new jersey on October 2008, my wedding date.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by vtello
              Hi Jill Please PM regarding cancun packages from new jersey on Nov 11 to 17 2008,

thx

Hey Ladies!

I pm'd both of you with some questions and would love to work with you.

Just to make it a little bit easier for me, if anyone would like to talk to me about travel arrangements or just general questions, it would be best for you to pm me, just to be sure you get a timely response because I don't always check this thread as much as I'd like to!

Thank you & good luck with your weddings everyone!

#1057 roxych1k

roxych1k
              • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Quote:
                Most of the girls from what I understand went with the sound guy or didn't do anything at all. I am going with the sound guy. When are you getting married?
                Well right now im trying to get a date for April sometime next year, the date I originally wanted isn't available so now i'm gonna have to be a little flexible. I though it was harder to get a date in Los Cabos!

#1058 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
                  Well right now im trying to get a date for April sometime next year, the date I originally wanted isn't available so now i'm gonna have to be a little flexible. I though it was harder to get a date in Los Cabos!
                  I don't know but I know that I wanted Sept 6th (that was the day we met) but settled for Sept 7th. It all depends on if it is a popular travel time.

#1059 Cali

Cali
                  • 281 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Quote:
                    Hello Kat
                    does anybody know how much is to book the sound guy & what exactly is his job?

#1060 Kat81

Kat81
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by vtello
                      Hello Kat
                      does anybody know how much is to book the sound guy & what exactly is his job?
                      The sound guy or the DJ? The sound guy does the ceremony and can go to the reception but you provide your own music he is just in charge of playing it on his equipment. I believe he is 200 an hour after tax. The DJ does just the reception and I think he is 800 for three hours? Is that right ladies.. I am probably wrong on that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter