Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1011 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

    Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:36 PM

    Talk to Claudia and see if you can have a few different plates. Maybe they will be willing to work with you on it. Just find out how many plates you need for them.

    #1012 SIMBASIM

    SIMBASIM
    • Jr. Member
    • 466 posts

      Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PaulaV
      Yes she did tell me that, this is the case for many vendors.
      They have certain ones they work with and she could give you a choice if you ask.

      I think many of us want to control the details which is hard from afar.
      I know I did... but they have the wedding packages and such for a reason. They have a wedding almost everyday at Dreams Cancun.

      I look back and think I should have just let them plan it all as the package was... less stress for me and it still would have been just perfect!
      I have decided to do just that. I am using the phtographer in my package as well as the videographer and just upgrading. I also am contemplating using the DJ they use as well. I feel like it would all run smoother if I just left it up to the experts.

      #1013 Carolena7

      Carolena7
      • Member
      • 785 posts

        Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

        I would say to ask Claudia as well, the least she could say is no, but just to warn you ahead of time we just simply wanted to different salad dressings for our salad and she said no that we can only have one....so I hope she works with you...let her know your situation with having some guests that are vegetarian...hopefully she will be understanding about that...she really is a very sweet person and very nice to work with....good luck!

        #1014 cancunbride2be

        cancunbride2be
        • Jr. Member
        • 153 posts

          Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dmarie17
          Well that kinds stinks... So I can't give them a choice of chicken or beef huh? Do you know if any of the other more expensive packages will let me have options? I'd normally just go with chicken (who doesn't like chicken, right?) but i have a few vegetarian guests.
          Help, what do I do?
          I had the same problem because I do not eat beef and I'm allergic to shellfish, but my hubby really wanted to surf and turf. So she let us have 2 entrees for our guests to choose from (Rum butter jerk Chicken...which was AMAZING and the surf and turf). We did not get a soup though, only appetizer and salad. But...it seems like Claudia has gotten a lot more strict this year than she ever was, so I can't promise she will let this slide. I had an outside photographer for my wedding and Claudia never had a problem with me bringing her in. I really didn't change my package at all, beside the entree choice, and like Jilly said, it really went perfectly with their set package. I wouldn't stress about changing a bunch of little things because it just makes everything more confusing.
          If she makes you choose one entree...then I would definitely choose a chicken...the rum butter jerk chicken was really really great! I loved it! Oh..and as far as the cake goes...stick with the dessert they offer. No one really ate our cake either.
          Happily Married 1/25/08
          Dreams Resort, Cancun

          #1015 *JillD*

          *JillD*
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,112 posts

            Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by dmarie17
            Okay, this is probably obvious to some but I'm confused. We are going with the Silver menu package and on our contract it says for the plated dinners choose: 1 salad, 1 soup, 1 entree, 1 dessert. And then I have a separate list with the menu. Soo... the menu lists 3 entree choices for dinner. I guess my question is, do my guests each choose 1 of the 3 or do I pick one of the 3 and everyone eats the same thing?
            Wow, I think I've confused myself. Am I making sense? I want to get my Invites out and was thinking about putting entree choices on it if thats a possibility.
            Maybe I should just go with the buffet!
            Well that kinds stinks... So I can't give them a choice of chicken or beef huh? Do you know if any of the other more expensive packages will let me have options? I'd normally just go with chicken (who doesn't like chicken, right?) but i have a few vegetarian guests.
            Help, what do I do?

            you just choose one entree, but if you have vegetarians let them know and they will make something different for them.

            #1016 PaulaV

            PaulaV
            • VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

              Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dmarie17
              Okay, this is probably obvious to some but I'm confused. We are going with the Silver menu package and on our contract it says for the plated dinners choose: 1 salad, 1 soup, 1 entree, 1 dessert. And then I have a separate list with the menu. Soo... the menu lists 3 entree choices for dinner. I guess my question is, do my guests each choose 1 of the 3 or do I pick one of the 3 and everyone eats the same thing?
              Wow, I think I've confused myself. Am I making sense? I want to get my Invites out and was thinking about putting entree choices on it if thats a possibility.
              Maybe I should just go with the buffet!
              If you have more than 40 guests you can do the buffet which we did so we would have more choices.

              If you do plated, everyone has the same thing, no choices for the guests on the entrees, you choose one for all. If you do choose plated I believe there is a surf and turf that was really good.

              #1017 *JillD*

              *JillD*
              • Sr. Member
              • 5,112 posts

                Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PaulaV
                If you have more than 40 guests you can do the buffet which we did so we would have more choices.

                If you do plated, everyone has the same thing, no choices for the guests on the entrees, you choose one for all. If you do choose plated I believe there is a surf and turf that was really good.
                we did the surf n turf and it was Fantastic! we had surf n turf in one of the restaurants one night and it was good, but the food for the wedding was SOOO much better, the filet melted in your mouth.

                #1018 rockbride

                rockbride
                • Newbie
                • 42 posts

                  Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

                  Does anyone have pictures of the entrees? Since its obviously very hard for us to have menu tastings, does anyone happen to have any pictures of the food? I've already asked Daniella and I'll be sure to post them if she sends any my way...but in case she doesn't....

                  #1019 SIMBASIM

                  SIMBASIM
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 466 posts

                    Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rockbride
                    Does anyone have pictures of the entrees? Since its obviously very hard for us to have menu tastings, does anyone happen to have any pictures of the food? I've already asked Daniella and I'll be sure to post them if she sends any my way...but in case she doesn't....
                    I know I saw some pictures posted. Not sure who?? I will check and let you know.

                    #1020 SIMBASIM

                    SIMBASIM
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 466 posts

                      Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PaulaV
                      If you have more than 40 guests you can do the buffet which we did so we would have more choices.

                      If you do plated, everyone has the same thing, no choices for the guests on the entrees, you choose one for all. If you do choose plated I believe there is a surf and turf that was really good.
                      I think we are choosing the buffet option. Seems like the EASIEST solution.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter