Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9911 Jessica G

Jessica G
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

MSPOKRAN- Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!!!

#9912 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
    • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for comments . . They wanted to start dinner at 6 . . Our ceremony is a legal one so I think it will be 30 min . . That leaves 30 min for pictures. I asked if we can make it later so waiting on a response. Also we wanted a video of just theceremony and the video through the royal is 499 for 1 hr of service 30 min video. Seems expensive. We only have 4 guests so didn't want anyone to have to sit there and videotape. Has anyone set up a tripod? We are on the beach. Thanks ahead.

#9913 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
      • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

My is may 2014

#9914 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
        • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Chelle- not sure on the restaurants- but they are all good! 5 is definitely a good start time. I am starting at 5:30 and the photographer said that was a good time. This May or next May for you? I have 7 days! I leave in 3.

Next may 2014' congrats! Let me know how everything goes. Who's your photographer?

#9915 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
          • Site Supporter
          • 88 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I am using Claudia Rodriguez- she charged $500 for the ceremony only (video) so that sounds about right! We arrive tomorrow!You have started planning very early- I would try to hire a photographer other than the one the resort offers if you can. Have you tried Ivan Luckie? I  hear great things and his prices are incredible.

If anyone needs anything while I am there let me know! I arrive 5-15-13 and leave 5-25-13.

#9916 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
            • 18 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

I booked ivan luckie yesterday!

#9917 kirab22

kirab22
              • Site Supporter
              • 52 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I am new to this process. Currently looking at The Royal as an option, but I'm confused as to why the beach would be $400 dollars extra at 4 pm? Can anyone tell me why this is? 

#9918 kirab22

kirab22
                • Site Supporter
                • 52 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

And one more question :) How much is the light up dance floor? Is there a way to get this without booking a DJ?

#9919 Billandstina

Billandstina
                  • 396 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

I am new to this process. Currently looking at The Royal as an option, but I'm confused as to why the beach would be $400 dollars extra at 4 pm? Can anyone tell me why this is? 

They charge this for prime nights because its prime real estate! Lol! Sunset! Just one of the fabulous fees (and this one you won't be able to argue your way out of)...and I'm pretty sure you can have just the light up dance floor without the DJ but I don't know. It's listed on the optional sheets and doesn't say it's contingent on having a DJ...but I wonder if it would work without being hooked up to some sort of sound system...hmmmm...maybe it would work with an iPod attached or it runs on its own. I'm sure someone here will know

#9920 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 88 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

Ladies I am back. My wedding was phenomenal- I will post a planning thread over the next few days. Every dime I spent here was worth it- I have SO much to tell all of you!!!

My only disappointment was in Wickys for my welcome dinner. DONT waste time and money on this tourist trap. I am not sure how some have written good reviews on this establishment but this will be an all out war for me. I was completely embarrassed the entire time we were there. More later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter