Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#891 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:00 PM

Emengeeroxx- Wow congrats! Very Cool, I watched the vid- ya I can't do that. I can shuffle my feet clap my hands!
    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#892 Shay2679

Shay2679
    • 493 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Roahrig
      I am so excited, but a little stressed because I have not heard anything from Zulma. I have requested prices/pictures for the Huppas, but never heard back. I don't know If I really want to pay extra for it or not. Does anyone know what the beach set up is without purchasing a huppa?
      The basic Chuppa/Beach set up they have is still nice. It looks like a white metal arch, with one floral arrangement. The Gazebo is also free to use, you only pay additional for "extra" decorations...

Sorry I don't have the photos here (I can't access my photobucket) but will post some later if you'd like.

Paying extra for anything these days, is seeming less and less necessary to me! I think the backdrop of the Caribbean is going to be so beautiful...I am feeling less urgent to change that!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Roahrig
      I've noticed some earlier posts regarding the safety in Mexico, my family is also concerned. They have cancelled some of the activities they originally planned, and now I gave to re-think my reception dinner (we were going to do this off site). Does anyone know if we can do a dinner at one of the hotel restaurants? I've heard the limit is 6 people and I will have 10.
      There are a few in our group also, with concerns. We are going to promote activities near or on the resort property, and just emphasize using common sense and caution in less familiar areas. It's all you can do. There really aren't many reasons you'd WANT to leave the Royal property anyway...so...we're just going to boast that! It's a hotel you relax at, heck you're paying for it, so...enjoy it!

Good luck with the rest of your planning and...wow...one more month!!!! How exciting!

#893 Roahrig

Roahrig
      • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

Tati--So sorry...I've been catching up on posts!! It would be great to get together! We arrive on th 13th.

Caracolgin--I noticed your wedding is also around the same date as ours? When are you arriving?
        Photo taken by Sascha Gluck of Sascha Gluck Photography - www.cancunphotos.net

#894 Roahrig

Roahrig
        • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Thanks Shay!! That would be great! I asked about switching to the Gazebo, but it was already booked

I am totally with you on the paying extra thing. You would think with all the money we are already spending with them, they could throw in a few things!

I'll post some pictures later with what I've been up to!

Thanks again!
          Brooke
          Photo taken by Sascha Gluck of Sascha Gluck Photography - www.cancunphotos.net

#895 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
          • 181 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by meli122
            Can someone please explain......I contact my WC about a dj. She said it is $1000 for 5 hours for either Mannia or Doremixx. Fine, but on another thread it says that Doremixx charges $550 for 5 hours. So add on $100 for an outside vendor and that's still a HUGE difference. Can I book on my own with Doremixx? Why the disparity??
            I'd like an answer to this as well. My WC - Paty - booked a DJ for me but didn't tell me who, just that it was $1000. I just asked who the DJ was and she informed me it was Doremixx. The disparity doesn't make sense.

ETA: Has anyone else booked Doremixx? Curious how they compare (service wise) to Mannia.

#896 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
            • 279 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Steph158
            Emengeeroxx- Wow congrats! Very Cool, I watched the vid- ya I can't do that. I can shuffle my feet clap my hands!
            Thanks Steph. Believe me it didn't look like that a few months ago! And it looks like I may be able to use my prize for my wedding :)

#897 Shay2679

Shay2679
            • 493 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

Just thought I would share! Hope this is okay...

SarahandTrevor
              Elizabeth Medina photographed them...and I saw this on her blog today
              Elizabeth Medina Photography Blog Archive Playa del Carmen Wedding Photography, Sarah and Trevor at the Royal

#898 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
              • 266 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx
                Best wishes Veronica. I know you guys will have an amazing time!!!

I also have some good news. My fiancee and I won a salsa competition this past weekend and we got an all expense paid trip to Cancun or Puerto Vallarta. We are trying to see if we can get it switched to the Royal of course so hopefully it pans out for us :)

Here is a vid in case you are interested
                Winter Salsa Carnival Finals: March 13, 2009
                Wow! You guys looked fantastic! Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us!!!

#899 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
                • 266 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Shay2679
                  Just thought I would share! Hope this is okay...

SarahandTrevor
                  Elizabeth Medina photographed them...and I saw this on her blog today
                  Elizabeth Medina Photography Blog Archive Playa del Carmen Wedding Photography, Sarah and Trevor at the Royal

Oh, THANK YOU, Shay! I've been dying for some new pics of our wedding site. I think that may have satisfied me, for now anyway! LOL *sigh* Another gorgeous wedding!

#900 meli122

meli122
                  • 269 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

tightwhitey (lol)

here is what I found
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t37621

They both seem to have good reviews. I may just chance it and book thru them and pay the vendor fee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter