Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6821 JHarris

JHarris
  • Jr. Member
  • 236 posts

    Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

    Lisa - When I talked to my WC she basically told me either you use it or you lose it. You can't exchange services and they don't refund for non-service use. Instead of a champagne hour, why not 30mins and then do open bar? I agree that people are not keen on champagne and would rather have open bar. 

     

    I was able to use the makeup and hair service from the package for my rehearsal dinner since I'm having a makeup/hair person come on the wedding day.  

     

    Ladies - Does anyone have a pricing estimate or dinner list from El Bistro at La Tortuga? It's a perfect spot for rehearsal dinner. =)


    Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


    #6822 Lisa DSO

    Lisa DSO
    • Member
    • 712 posts

      Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:59 PM



       

      Originally Posted by JHarris 

      Lisa - When I talked to my WC she basically told me either you use it or you lose it. You can't exchange services and they don't refund for non-service use. Instead of a champagne hour, why not 30mins and then do open bar? I agree that people are not keen on champagne and would rather have open bar. 

       

      I was able to use the makeup and hair service from the package for my rehearsal dinner since I'm having a makeup/hair person come on the wedding day.  

       

      Ladies - Does anyone have a pricing estimate or dinner list from El Bistro at La Tortuga? It's a perfect spot for rehearsal dinner. =)


      we are actually doing open bar for cocktail hour and reception, but we were charged twice the amount listed for champagne toast and cake for our non-real guests (20 pp) which I found weird.

       

      i didn't know we could use our makeup/ hair appointments for another day- that's great! Fernando is doing my makeup, so i will definitely ask her to r/s (although y do i get a feeling she will say no? lol)
       



      #6823 JoZee84

      JoZee84
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

        Hey Janna, I got the pricing from El Bistro at La Tortuga.  The girl I was working with so far has been really great! But she's leaving like today I think was her last day but the person taking over comes highly recommended also.  I'll PM you the lists , if you want like a price fixed meal or cocktail foods (that they call canapes) thats what we're doing.  We are going to book them either the 13th or 14th on the roof top.  I'm super excited about it!
         

        Originally Posted by JHarris 

        Lisa - When I talked to my WC she basically told me either you use it or you lose it. You can't exchange services and they don't refund for non-service use. Instead of a champagne hour, why not 30mins and then do open bar? I agree that people are not keen on champagne and would rather have open bar. 

         

        I was able to use the makeup and hair service from the package for my rehearsal dinner since I'm having a makeup/hair person come on the wedding day.  

         

        Ladies - Does anyone have a pricing estimate or dinner list from El Bistro at La Tortuga? It's a perfect spot for rehearsal dinner. =)





        #6824 JHarris

        JHarris
        • Jr. Member
        • 236 posts

          Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:24 AM



          Originally Posted by JoZee84 

          Hey Janna, I got the pricing from El Bistro at La Tortuga.  The girl I was working with so far has been really great! But she's leaving like today I think was her last day but the person taking over comes highly recommended also.  I'll PM you the lists , if you want like a price fixed meal or cocktail foods (that they call canapes) thats what we're doing.  We are going to book them either the 13th or 14th on the roof top.  I'm super excited about it!
           


           

          JoZee - that would b awesome. I really like prix for large groups myself. Do you think it'll b cool enough rooftop? We have some older guests and I wouldn't want them to be uncomfortable. The inside rooms look just as pretty.

           

          Lisa - me too!! So glad everyone recommended Fernando. Doesn't hurt to ask. And I have it in email that she agreed to it. =) WOW, can't believe they upped the price that much. I wonder if you can do a signature drink to save some $$? How interesting.
           


          Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


          #6825 ChicagoBride2011

          ChicagoBride2011
          • Jr. Member
          • 277 posts

            Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

            Hey ladies, I contacted La Tortuga for info on doing a welcome/rehearsal dinner there.  I was told that you can only do private parties there if you are a guest of the hotel and I am totally bummed.  

             

            Are you ladies doing non-private parties there?  Hellllppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


            Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


            #6826 jesmcan

            jesmcan
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,091 posts

              Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:30 PM


              WHAT!!!  really??? This must be new. I have never heard of them doing this

              Hey ladies, I contacted La Tortuga for info on doing a welcome/rehearsal dinner there.  I was told that you can only do private parties there if you are a guest of the hotel and I am totally bummed.

               

              Are you ladies doing non-private parties there?  Hellllppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




              The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

              #6827 JHarris

              JHarris
              • Jr. Member
              • 236 posts

                Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:24 AM

                JoZee - when you contacted La Tortuga - did they say you had to be a guest at the hotel for a private party? How did you get around that?


                Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


                #6828 risa1818

                risa1818
                • Newbie
                • 116 posts

                  Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

                  Ok so this may seem like a dumb question, but I assumed that the private wedding reception that is part of the luxury package includes open bar...? Is that correct or incorrect? I assumed that it would since the entire resort is all inclusive!

                   

                  Also, any of you June early summer brides...how many people do you  have booked so far? I was kinda bummed the other day because I sent out the save the dates a few weeks ago and so far we only have 2 couples booked. I thought more people would be booking sooner, especially since I let them know when the rates go up . I know it's early, but I just figured they would want to book sooner than later, especially since our TA only requires a $150 deposit down to book.

                   

                  Any other ladies having any issues with this?


                  The Manchebo Beach Resort, Aruba - June 11, 2011

                  #6829 Bride2B22

                  Bride2B22
                  • Member
                  • 677 posts

                    Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

                    Risa: I called and asked the same question! Private receptions do have open bar.....they will set up a bar area wherever your reception is taking place.....shoot that better include an open bar since its all inclusive! Def run in by your WC tho since everyone has a different answer! But i am sure it is open bar!

                     

                    and my wedding is June 21st and we havent even booked ours yet....I have a TA but we decided not to do room blocks and booking the package (flight/hotel) together is def cheaper than booking the rooms through the hotel and then buying a flight separate....so we will be booking our package in like 2 months....i know most of the people who are going will be booking theirs in like January.....when we went to Cancun this past June we booked our package via Expedia in January....after February the prices start rising an then by like march/april the hotel was all booked.....so dont worry! It might just be that they want to get a package deal.....most of the time booking separate does not equal to a cheaper trip, even if the hotel is giving you a group discount! 
                     

                    Originally Posted by risa1818 

                    Ok so this may seem like a dumb question, but I assumed that the private wedding reception that is part of the luxury package includes open bar...? Is that correct or incorrect? I assumed that it would since the entire resort is all inclusive!

                     

                    Also, any of you June early summer brides...how many people do you  have booked so far? I was kinda bummed the other day because I sent out the save the dates a few weeks ago and so far we only have 2 couples booked. I thought more people would be booking sooner, especially since I let them know when the rates go up . I know it's early, but I just figured they would want to book sooner than later, especially since our TA only requires a $150 deposit down to book.

                     

                    Any other ladies having any issues with this?





                    #6830 msglave

                    msglave
                    • Member
                    • 933 posts

                      Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

                      So O just read through the pages of posts I missed and clicked to quote all that I wanted to respond to but my Ipad did something funky with the HTML, I'm going to try to remember the posts.

                      Lady Di, Good to hear from you and thanks for the advice.

                      Rosie, we are honeymooning in Puerto Morales so thanks for the travel tips.

                      Heidi, please let me know what you think of the area and some stuff I might wanna check out. Where is your friend getting married? We're staying at Secrets Silversands.

                      Natalie, I can't believe your date is here! Wow!

                      Rissa, you will probably end up with more who book later. From my experience, People always think they have more time and book closer to departure.

                      Jess, did she say that was all that could be said at the wedding ceremony or that was what the judge could say? I feel like I have too many things to do. I'm starting to get so nervous! When I get a chance I'm going to write a post of how UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE our TA turned out to be.

                      Hope everyone's planning is going well!

                      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter