Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6741 JHarris

JHarris
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by kshows03 

Wow!!  I can totally empathize with you right now.  The fiance and I booked our day and time with The ROYAL through the online booking forum a year and a month in advance.  When we started working with the wedding coordinator she kept asking us to pick a day and we explained that we already had one with a confirmation number and everything (this is like 9 months out).  She still was acting confused saying she didn't see one so we sent the original email we got with the confirmation and deposit receipt.  She then lets us know (without apologizing...by the way) that we will have to pick a different day or go earlier in the day because now at this point there was already another wedding going on at this time.  We had picked the date 2-12-11 (which we think is cool and the number 12 has significant meaning in my family) so we really didn't want to change it.  They suggested we just get married the day before or after or next door...like it "really easy to change these things."  Needless to say, we sucked it up and just took the earlier time, but our WC asked us to write a formal compliant (in writing) and you know what we got out of it?  Hot Appetizers at the Cocktail Hour!!  WTF?!?  REALLY?!?!  YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?!?!  Nope...that was their compromise!

If I was you though and you really don't find significance with the date, I would change to avoid the concert.  Most of my guests are scheduled to arrive two days in advance, so it would have worked out fine, we just didn't want to give up that date! 

Good Luck~

<3 Kayla

WHAT?! Just hot apps? That is totally ridiculous. I hear ya, they think it's so easy to just move a date!! What if you were locked firm with your vendors and you went by that assumption you had that date? If all I'm getting is hot apps then what is the point of complaining?

Just waiting on one vendor which is the most important - makeup & hair, to confirm. Friday is what we wanted originally but it was taken in August when we asked. Now it's open. It'll work out better but it's annoying making all these changes and I'm not spending another $200 on save the dates.

Thanks!

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#6742 JHarris

JHarris
    • 236 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

These are beautiful!!

Do you have Elsa too?? I haven't heard anything either LOL

Thanks Jenny!! I love Marvin. He's amazing and very reasonable. I think JoZee is using him as well. 

#6743 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Its runningbrides wedding day! Happy day nikki!
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#6744 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

Lisa you have Elso too right?? I haven't heard anything yet!!

Yeah, I have her. She hasn't responded in a week, so Wayne just called her. They said she will be back in on Monday

#6745 JHarris

JHarris
          • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Now you gave me some concerns, because I reserved my date like 1.5 yrs in advance, and didn't send any email recently to bug my WC...

I guess I better remind them about my date!

Definitely check to make sure they have your date and you in your slot. No need for any surprises. It would nice if they would comp us a free one night stay. Alot of places do that for the bride & groom. We're staying 7 days and no comps! Maybe that's an US thing. 

For our two girls in Mexico now - I hope you are having a super awesome time!! The weather is gorgeous - at least in Texas so I'm hoping the same for them in Mexico!! Congrats on being a MRS!!!!  

#6746 JHarris

JHarris
            • 236 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by kshows03 

Wow!!  I can totally empathize with you right now.  The fiance and I booked our day and time with The ROYAL through the online booking forum a year and a month in advance.  When we started working with the wedding coordinator she kept asking us to pick a day and we explained that we already had one with a confirmation number and everything (this is like 9 months out).  She still was acting confused saying she didn't see one so we sent the original email we got with the confirmation and deposit receipt.  She then lets us know (without apologizing...by the way) that we will have to pick a different day or go earlier in the day because now at this point there was already another wedding going on at this time.  We had picked the date 2-12-11 (which we think is cool and the number 12 has significant meaning in my family) so we really didn't want to change it.  They suggested we just get married the day before or after or next door...like it "really easy to change these things."  Needless to say, we sucked it up and just took the earlier time, but our WC asked us to write a formal compliant (in writing) and you know what we got out of it?  Hot Appetizers at the Cocktail Hour!!  WTF?!?  REALLY?!?!  YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?!?!  Nope...that was their compromise!

If I was you though and you really don't find significance with the date, I would change to avoid the concert.  Most of my guests are scheduled to arrive two days in advance, so it would have worked out fine, we just didn't want to give up that date! 

Good Luck~

<3 Kayla

Kayla - I just realized your a Houston bride too!! WOOHOO!!! That's so awesome!! What part? I'm in the West U area. YAY!! 

#6747 diahr

diahr
              • 113 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Happy Wedding Day Running Bride!!! Happy Wedding Day to all the 10-10-10 Brides!!! I hope everything comes out perfect!

#6748 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                • 712 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

Woot! best wishes, running bride! i keep looking for you on the webcam lol

Ladies, does the Royal have any stipulations on flower petals? do they have to be real or fake (or does it not matter)?

#6749 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                  • 712 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

face the toilet?!?! lol

http://myweddingplan...r-wedding-gown/

#6750 ReidCapote

ReidCapote
                    • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

Great advice! Thanks for posting. 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

face the toilet?!?! lol

http://myweddingplan...r-wedding-gown/

Congrats to all the ladies getting married this weekend!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter