Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5591 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

Is this a stupid question.....now I'm thinking because of the above post...if we add international to our cell phones, we should be able to use them in Mexico right? We'll have service and all?

FI and I plan to add international but not use the phones much. Just in case anyone needs to get a hold of us.

#5592 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
    • 5,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jesmcan
      For anyone who did a legal ceremony where in the ceremony is the legal part?

I now this is the silliest question but after you do the thumb prints do they give you qipes to wipe the in off so I don't get it on my dress lol
      Yeah, they do give you something to wipe off. :)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kerrimark2010
      Question for you ladies who have already been married at The Royal - since the resort is so big, and cell phones won't work in Mexico, how did your guests communicate with each other? I was thinking of getting some walkie-talkies and including them in the welcome bags, but I don't know if that will be cost-effective...

Thanks for any input you may have!!

Kerri
      You guys can always add international plan to your phones. Not that expensive.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
      Is this a stupid question.....now I'm thinking because of the above post...if we add international to our cell phones, we should be able to use them in Mexico right? We'll have service and all?

FI and I plan to add international but not use the phones much. Just in case anyone needs to get a hold of us.
      Yes, there are cell phone service in Mexico and you will be able to use them if you have international plan on your phone.

#5593 Jenny310

Jenny310
      • 245 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

I finally got an email from Elsa Torres!!! Very happy I have a contact there again!

#5594 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by randi.renstrom
          thanks! we have all of our guests staying at the royal which definitely helps. i just saw how after the 'luxury package' on the price list it says $30/person....but i couldn't imagine it would be that, PLUS the 5/ceremony, 10/cocktail, 30/reception, you know what i mean? i tried to contact Jael, so we'll see what she comes back with :)
          Oh I am sorry! gotcha now and yes that is correct. When we were doing our reception at the Royal and we had the Ultimate Luxury if its over 50 people those are the prices once it goes over 50. So for everyone person over 50 people you would have to pay that I cant remember how many people are included in the luxury.
          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#5595 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
          • 712 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kerrimark2010
            Question for you ladies who have already been married at The Royal - since the resort is so big, and cell phones won't work in Mexico, how did your guests communicate with each other? I was thinking of getting some walkie-talkies and including them in the welcome bags, but I don't know if that will be cost-effective...

Thanks for any input you may have!!

Kerri
            My cell phone has always worked in Mexico- did u hear something about the Royal?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak

I think it's a great idea

#5596 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenny310
              I finally got an email from Elsa Torres!!! Very happy I have a contact there again!
              She's mine, too! Guess she will be handling both of ours that week :-)

#5597 super19

super19
              • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'll post a review sometime soon but wanted to let you know that we are back and had a fabulous time at our wedding. Our guests were totally blown away. I can't tell you how pleased everyone was with both Playa del Carmen and the Royal. I've heard many people already talking about planning a return trip as soon as possible. I'm anxiously awaiting pics to share with all of you.

Let me know if you have any questions!

#5598 randi.renstrom

randi.renstrom
                • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

That is so good to hear! I'm so excited to read your review! Glad you had a wonderful wedding!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by super19
                  I'll post a review sometime soon but wanted to let you know that we are back and had a fabulous time at our wedding. Our guests were totally blown away. I can't tell you how pleased everyone was with both Playa del Carmen and the Royal. I've heard many people already talking about planning a return trip as soon as possible. I'm anxiously awaiting pics to share with all of you.

#5599 laura_jason

laura_jason
                  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

I am getting married at the Royal on Nov. 7th and have a few questions. I haven't been assigned a wedding coordinator yet so i am sure she can answer these for me but i thought someone on here would know already...

1. What are the resort photographers like? Do you have to use them?

2. What about other outside vendors like bands/cakes etc.? I really want the marachi band to play at the cocktail reception in the garden...

3. What restaurant do you suggest for the semi-private dinner reception?

#5600 jesmcan

jesmcan
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by super19

Welcome back! can't wait to see pictures and of course read the review

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by laura_jason
                      I am getting married at the Royal on Nov. 7th and have a few questions. I haven't been assigned a wedding coordinator yet so i am sure she can answer these for me but i thought someone on here would know already...

1. What are the resort photographers like? Do you have to use them?

2. What about other outside vendors like bands/cakes etc.? I really want the marachi band to play at the cocktail reception in the garden...

3. What restaurant do you suggest for the semi-private dinner reception?
                      Hi Laura welcome,

1. The resort photographers are not my personal taste but here is a link to their work ::: Funever Photos ::: You do not have to use them but if you bring an outside photographer than you have to pay the outside vendor fee which is $350 if you booked after December

2. You can have any outside vendors that you would like but you have to pay the outside vendor fee for each one. They offer the mariachi band for the cocktail hour for $700 through the resort.

3. When I went on our site visit we really like Maria Maria's however after seeing Duprke's pictures Pelicano's looks like an awesome spot for a reception.
                      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter