Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4931 lizzy123

lizzy123
  • Newbie
  • 11 posts

    Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

    Thanks for all the posts, they are so useful, I’m getting all sort of great ideas and of course some do’s and don’ts. I still have some questions for any of you that may know the answer:

    1)I’m booking the wedding reception at 4 pm in the Gran Porto Real in the beach location, is there more than one beach in the GPR? I just that I have reading that in the Royal PDC they are so if anyone know how the beach settings for the receptions are in the GPR I will really appreciate any comment or suggestion
    2)Regardin the guest and non-guest, do they charge you for a day pass for the non-guest if you are already paying for the private reception in their packages? I’m kind of confused on this as my WC hasn’t told me anything about an additional charge and I don’t want surprises
    3)Does anybody contract the DJ with the packages, I have been reading that very good reviews about DJ Ivan and Doremix and I was wondering if its better to book somebody outside even with the vendor charge
    4)Same question about the photographers, does anybody contracted the ones that the Royal has or its better to go with an outsider?

    Tx!



    #4932 Lisa DSO

    Lisa DSO
    • Member
    • 712 posts

      Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lady_Di
      What! She said that? We got charged for the vendor fee for DJ Ivan. We booked through him. Sigh.
      I'm guessing this is a policy that was just implemented in the past few months since Ivan has become their resident DJ. So i think it only applies to those who booked after that (otherwise it would have been 350.00-yikes)

      #4933 Lisa DSO

      Lisa DSO
      • Member
      • 712 posts

        Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by lizzy123
        Thanks for all the posts, they are so useful, I’m getting all sort of great ideas and of course some do’s and don’ts. I still have some questions for any of you that may know the answer:

        1)I’m booking the wedding reception at 4 pm in the Gran Porto Real in the beach location, is there more than one beach in the GPR? I just that I have reading that in the Royal PDC they are so if anyone know how the beach settings for the receptions are in the GPR I will really appreciate any comment or suggestion
        2)Regardin the guest and non-guest, do they charge you for a day pass for the non-guest if you are already paying for the private reception in their packages? I’m kind of confused on this as my WC hasn’t told me anything about an additional charge and I don’t want surprises
        3)Does anybody contract the DJ with the packages, I have been reading that very good reviews about DJ Ivan and Doremix and I was wondering if its better to book somebody outside even with the vendor charge
        4)Same question about the photographers, does anybody contracted the ones that the Royal has or its better to go with an outsider?

        Tx!

        1. Have you looked at the Royal's website under GPR's venue picture gallery? It might show some there

        2. it is my understanding that you do not have to pay for a pass for attending the wedding (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

        3. at this point the vendor charge is upward of 400 dollars, so i think its a matter of personal choice. However, DJ Ivan is their in-house DJ, so you wouldnt have to pay if you book through him (or through resort)

        4. most of the people have booked outside photographers as a matter of personal choice, but you can check the resort package photographers body of work here: ::: Funever Photos :::

        #4934 RunningBride24

        RunningBride24
        • Member
        • 539 posts

          Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lizzy123
          Thanks for all the posts, they are so useful, I’m getting all sort of great ideas and of course some do’s and don’ts. I still have some questions for any of you that may know the answer:

          1)I’m booking the wedding reception at 4 pm in the Gran Porto Real in the beach location, is there more than one beach in the GPR? I just that I have reading that in the Royal PDC they are so if anyone know how the beach settings for the receptions are in the GPR I will really appreciate any comment or suggestion
          2)Regardin the guest and non-guest, do they charge you for a day pass for the non-guest if you are already paying for the private reception in their packages? I’m kind of confused on this as my WC hasn’t told me anything about an additional charge and I don’t want surprises
          3)Does anybody contract the DJ with the packages, I have been reading that very good reviews about DJ Ivan and Doremix and I was wondering if its better to book somebody outside even with the vendor charge
          4)Same question about the photographers, does anybody contracted the ones that the Royal has or its better to go with an outsider?

          Tx!



          Hey Lizzy,

          If you go back through this thread (it's a long one) you'll find answers to ALL of your questions! There is so much information. When I found this I started with the first page and made my way to the end of the board (it took me a few days but was REALLY fun). It will give you so much information you'll feel like you're ready! :)
          ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

          #4935 RunningBride24

          RunningBride24
          • Member
          • 539 posts

            Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
            A day shy of 3 weeks (and a call from my TA later), Angie confirmed my date/time/location ( i sensed sarcasm when she said that i had sent back the confirmation letter with that date). I wanted to say, "okay and I'm sure all the OTHER ladies did too, but that didnt stop you from FUBARing theirs"...but i didn't :-). I'll just vent here and continue killing her with kindness. (we should really pray for her lol)

            She also said that I wouldnt be charged for DJ Ivan if I booked through the RESORT (small heart attack), but then sent another email saying that she just learned the policy has changed and there would NOT be a charge for booking through Ivan because he is the in-house DJ. (i'm guessing this a policy implemented this calendar year) Yays!

            Ha, the infamous Angie sarcasm. In one of my emails I asked her how to go about getting guests from the Gran to the Royal (as far as for the wedding, dinners, etc..), her reply? "they walk". Yeah, thanks for that.
            ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

            #4936 RunningBride24

            RunningBride24
            • Member
            • 539 posts

              Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dianep
              they will put up the huppah (or a metal white arch, i believe) and decorate it with white fabric. they have white chairs and white chair covers and sashes. my ceremony was in the evening, so they also set up tiki torches (decorations not included). the pictures in the gallery section of the resort website are great indications of what they will provide.

              i just had my ceremony on the 15th. i brought some of my own decorations, including colored fabric for the huppah, chair sashes, flowers for the tiki torches, etc. they sky is the limit for what you can bring. i just dropped everything off to my onsite coordinator and she took care of everything at no extra charge.

              good luck and happy planning!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lady_Di
              Thank you!

              They will provide the huppa free of charge and you can bring your own decorations for the huppa like the tulle. They will charge like $500 for the huppa flowers. Crazy expensive!

              Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the help! :) My wedding is at 5pm so I'm hoping for tiki torches!
              ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

              #4937 dianep

              dianep
              • Member
              • 532 posts

                Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                A day shy of 3 weeks (and a call from my TA later), Angie confirmed my date/time/location ( i sensed sarcasm when she said that i had sent back the confirmation letter with that date). I wanted to say, "okay and I'm sure all the OTHER ladies did too, but that didnt stop you from FUBARing theirs"...but i didn't :-). I'll just vent here and continue killing her with kindness. (we should really pray for her lol)

                She also said that I wouldnt be charged for DJ Ivan if I booked through the RESORT (small heart attack), but then sent another email saying that she just learned the policy has changed and there would NOT be a charge for booking through Ivan because he is the in-house DJ. (i'm guessing this a policy implemented this calendar year) Yays!
                it's not just us brides that have issues with angie! my onsite coordinator asked me for a few things (that i had submitted to angie). when i said "angie didn't get those to you?" she just laughed. turns out angie is their super-favorite michigan WC as well! she's just as bad with the onsite WC as she is with the rest of us!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by lizzy123
                Thanks for all the posts, they are so useful, I’m getting all sort of great ideas and of course some do’s and don’ts. I still have some questions for any of you that may know the answer:

                1)I’m booking the wedding reception at 4 pm in the Gran Porto Real in the beach location, is there more than one beach in the GPR? I just that I have reading that in the Royal PDC they are so if anyone know how the beach settings for the receptions are in the GPR I will really appreciate any comment or suggestion
                2)Regardin the guest and non-guest, do they charge you for a day pass for the non-guest if you are already paying for the private reception in their packages? I’m kind of confused on this as my WC hasn’t told me anything about an additional charge and I don’t want surprises
                3)Does anybody contract the DJ with the packages, I have been reading that very good reviews about DJ Ivan and Doremix and I was wondering if its better to book somebody outside even with the vendor charge
                4)Same question about the photographers, does anybody contracted the ones that the Royal has or its better to go with an outsider?

                Tx!

                Ha, the infamous Angie sarcasm. In one of my emails I asked her how to go about getting guests from the Gran to the Royal (as far as for the wedding, dinners, etc..), her reply? "they walk". Yeah, thanks for that.
                i got a lot of those kind of answers, too. nothing like a vague WC when all you need is some stinkin' details!!
                http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                and happily ever after begins...


                wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

                #4938 bridetobe1515

                bridetobe1515
                • Jr. Member
                • 233 posts

                  Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dianep
                  was your reception, by chance, on the beach close to pelicanos? i think i saw people dancing with those balloons! (we were on the beach just on the other side, by the bar with the swings).

                  p.s. i think we had the absolute PERFECT weather for our wedding day! i couldn't have asked for anything better!
                  Yes we were by Pelicano's!!! I think I saw you guys while we were on our way to Blue Parrot! You said hi and congrats to me!!! Yay!!! I told the FI I thought that was you!

                  It was perfect!!!

                  #4939 dianep

                  dianep
                  • Member
                  • 532 posts

                    Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bridetobe1515
                    Yes we were by Pelicano's!!! I think I saw you guys while we were on our way to Blue Parrot! You said hi and congrats to me!!! Yay!!! I told the FI I thought that was you!

                    It was perfect!!!
                    haha, that's great! i had no idea that it was you! too funny.
                    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                    and happily ever after begins...


                    wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

                    #4940 bridetobe1515

                    bridetobe1515
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 233 posts

                      Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
                      The bridesmaid flowers look so much prettier in your picture than on the pdf. Very nice! I can't remember if you said you got your bouquet through the royal as well....do they just make the bridesmaid ones smaller?

                      Love the bridesmaid dresses too- my MOH put that dress as one of the ones she would like for them to try on. What did your girls think about it?
                      The bridesmaid flowers were real touch flowers. They were from a vendor back home. My flowers were from the Royal.

                      Bridesmaid dresses were great! At the end of the night they knotted them and stuck it under to make it short. Sort of funny!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter