How to Make Your Own Customized Cake Topper
- Swatches of felt in wedding colors (.50 each at Michael's)
- Baker's twine to string the letters (or the thread/ribbon/string of your choice)
- Skewers to attach everything to and insert into the cake (or you could try it with cute striped paper straws!)
Note: needles are also pictured, but since my letters were small I found that when I threaded the needle and pulled it through the felt it tore. I abandoned that plan and ultimately glued the letters directly to the baker's twine with tacky glue.
1. Draw block letters onto the felt in your desired phrase and size and cut out.
2. Cut out a length of twine/thread/ribbon.
3. Using tacky glue or your desired attachment method (a needle and thread may work on larger letters), string the letters along the thread.
4. Tie the ends to skewers or paper straws and cut off the excess.
5. Done! A cute, custom cake topper in about 20 minutes!
Cut out Letters
And for fun, here's a badly PhotoShopped version to give an idea of how it will look on a cake:
What do you guys think? Has anyone else tried their hand at making a custom cake topper? I'd love to see other ideas!
UPDATE: Here's the finished topper in action on the wedding day! (It's blowing in the wind so the second "D" looks a little wonky.)
- ces likes this
|Best Destination Wedding Sponsors|
10 Reasons Why You Should Stay at an All-Inclus...
DaraNee92 - Nov 04 2017 07:23 PM
Mehndi and Sangeet Ceremony Decor Inspiration b...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:17 PM
Indian Wedding Ceremony Decor Inspiration by La...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:14 PM
The Extent of it All...Hair Extensions, Eyelash...
ClaudiaLee - Jan 31 2017 08:46 PM