Jump to content
EDYTA

Post your Hair and makeup ideas

Recommended Posts

very pretty dianep. i think your lashes look great. do you think that fake lashes will stay put, even with the humidity?

 

btw i LOVE the hair, that's what i want---a messy bun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
very pretty dianep. i think your lashes look great. do you think that fake lashes will stay put, even with the humidity?

btw i LOVE the hair, that's what i want---a messy bun :)
thanks! i'm trying to grow my hair out like crazy to get all the length i can. it's almost down to my shoulders now. so i don't know how much of an acutal bun there will be, but the messy updo is the look we'll be going for.

i am super excited about the lashes i got. i have a sassy headpiece with a birdcage veil that just screams for fake lashes (and red lipstick! ha!). hopefully the glue will hold - i haven't heard of too many problems. i'll try it out once or twice before the actual wedding to make sure.

i know some brides get the lash extensions, which would obviously be fine in the humidity. but i'm not prepared to deal with any possible complications (like my natural lashes falling out). Plus. a $13 investment for a set of MAC lashes beats shelling out $300-400 for something that will only last a month or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some pre-wedding beauty tips:

1. Get regular facials.

2. Get your eyebrows threaded.

3. Get regular manicures and pedicure.

4. Treat yourself to a soothing aromatherapy facial.

5. If you are planning on having your hair permed, now is the time to do so as it will need time to settle. Here are some bridal hair ideas for you to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i went for my hair trial the other day...and i thought it looked nice in the salon. i had my hairdresser take photos, but when i got home and actually looked at it...it does not photograph well. the back looks good, but the front view is not flattering with the shape of my face.

 

i really think i need to have my hair pulled back out of my eyes, but still falling down the sides of my face. my hair is straight but really thick and it gets frizzy in the humidity.

 

any suggestions on hair products i can bring with me to mexico?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight24 View Post
i went for my hair trial the other day...and i thought it looked nice in the salon. i had my hairdresser take photos, but when i got home and actually looked at it...it does not photograph well. the back looks good, but the front view is not flattering with the shape of my face.

i really think i need to have my hair pulled back out of my eyes, but still falling down the sides of my face. my hair is straight but really thick and it gets frizzy in the humidity.

any suggestions on hair products i can bring with me to mexico?
what kind of hair do you have, and what kind of products are you looking for? what, specifically, do you want them do do? so many fun things out there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found my headband/tiara today! I'm so happy! Now I can book my hair trial! Getting so exciting now...things are really coming together...I'll be wearing my hair in a style similar to the photos I've attached below...no I won't be doing the post workout bun on the wedding day :) !

 

THE HEADBAND:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

 

THE HAIR INSPIRATION:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Once I get the trial done...I'll post pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiabride2010 View Post
I found my headband/tiara today! I'm so happy! Now I can book my hair trial! Getting so exciting now...things are really coming together...I'll be wearing my hair in a style similar to the photos I've attached below...no I won't be doing the post workout bun on the wedding day :) !

THE HEADBAND:
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

THE HAIR INSPIRATION:
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Once I get the trial done...I'll post pics!
Beautiful head piece! Can't wait to see the trial photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my hairstylist play with my hair today after my appointment. She did two different styles. They were both up dos. One of them was pull back completely from the front. The other was pulled back but a few pieces were left hanging around my face. She curled them and it looked really cute and much more playful than the first style. HOWEVER, I keep thinking about the climate on the beach. It is going to be hot, humid, and probably windy. I'm worried that the ringlets around my face will just become frizzy and straight. Whereas if I went with the first style it would all be out of my face and I wouldn't have to worry about it all day long. Anyone else have this dilemma? Any suggestions on how I could make the second style work well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×