Sign in to follow this  
-Kate-

DJ info

I am having trouble finding all the DJ info in one spot. Can everyone post who they used, contact info, and any comments about them?

Thanks

smile159.gif

I liked DJ Ricardo. He was professional, followed the playlist, adjusted the types of songs based upon what my guests were enjoying, and worked well with the on-site coordinator. He didn't speak a lot, but I didn't do any introductions, etc. so there really wasn't a need in our case. Maye has said (jokingly) that he's definitely not shy on the mic if that's what's called for.

I really liked DJ Antares, although he told me he rarely does weddings himself anymore. I think brides get referred to other DJs through the company he works with. They seem to get good reviews though! (see Meaghan's review)

I would suggest having a friend be there for backup emcee duties in case your DJ isn't great at emceeing. Our best man emceed everything and did a great job.

How many hours did you hire your DJ for? If we have a 4 pm wedding, cocktail hour from 4:30 - 5:30 - how long would you hire the DJ for?

I'm thinking 5 hours.

We are using DJ Gaston Montano and have him for 4 hours. I don't know how to reach him b/c my coordinator set this up. But we have his play lists and they look pretty comprehensive. I would be happy to share them if anyone is interested. Our coordinator assured us that he is really good. His price is $180 per hour.

Thanks for all the help girls!! I finally decided on DJ Ricardo. I am booking him for 4 hours - maybe add an hour once we get closer to the wedding date and figure out the schedule more.

Thanks again for all your help!smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
Thanks for all the help girls!! I finally decided on DJ Ricardo. I am booking him for 4 hours - maybe add an hour once we get closer to the wedding date and figure out the schedule more.

Thanks again for all your help!smile159.gif

What are his prices and do you know if he is only in cabo? popcorn.gif