Sign in to follow this  
foxytv

Beach vs Restaurant Reception

We will be having a private reception ... but based on the offerings of the resort, we are having a hard time choosing between a beach reception w/ a buffett dinner or a reception at one of the restaurants which would be closed off to the public with a sit down, plated dinner.

Price isn't much different for either -- but I can see pros/cons to both.

Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia78 View Post
That's a hard choice...how many guests are you expecting?
We will have 45 adults and 2 children.

Both beach and restaurant reception times are 3 hours and include open bar and dance floor..

There's just something so unique about a reception on the beach! Its the main reason i decided to do a DW but its totally what you envision for your day!

that was one of the main reasons we wanted a DW - we wanted our wedding and reception ON the beach. so it was just no question for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
that was one of the main reasons we wanted a DW - we wanted our wedding and reception ON the beach. so it was just no question for us!
Oh, I totally understand that.

My Mom is concerend about the wind, which I hadn't ever thought about -- and the heat for our older guests. We can have tents but they aren't as classy as we would like.

Plus, with a beach reception it's a buffett instead of a plated meal.

Anyone think that's a big deal? I guess buffett is okay but the food is usually much better and more elegant with a plated dinner..