Bad News in Threes? (LONG)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Jessica

• VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

Oh Mo, I'm so sorry. That's a lot of bad news to handle!

I think you are doing hte best in bringing your grandmother home. Surely her days should be spent at home surrounded by loved ones rather than a hospital. It's tough when people have the DNR and DNI requests because you always feel like "well what if?!" But I think a lotof people at that age just want to go peacefully without being poked and prodded, which is understandable.

Just spend all the time you can with her. You know we are always here for you to ven to. My thoughts are with you and your family.

#12 1elephant

• VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

mo, i'm so sorry to hear this...you're in my thoughts...

#13 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

Mo, my heart goes out to you honey. I am so very sorry to hear all of these things are going on in your life. This is a lot to handle. Lean on your hubby & us!

#14 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

I am so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. I don't really know what to say except you are in my thoughts and I hope you find peace soon.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#15 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

You poor thing, that is way too much that anyone should have to handle. But it sounds like you are staying strong. Like everyone else has been saying we will be thinking of you!

#16 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

I am so sorry you are dealing with all this, Mo. Sometimes life just isn't fair when so many things hit you as once. My thoughts go out to you and your Mommom, and apparently everyone in your life right now!

#17 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

I'm so sorry Mo, I wish there was more I could say, but I guess there isn't anyway anyone can prepare themselves for this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

#18 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

wow Mo that is a lot in just a couple of weeks. i wish i could say something to make it better but stay strong and cherish the time you have left. i am here if you need anything or just to talk

#19 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

I am sorry to hear about all that you have had to go through. To give you another perspective, at least your mom is getting to choose her fate and you are honoring her wishes. I would much rather be at home for the end of my life than stuck in an ICU with tubes and wires and ventilators. She will be comfortable and amongst loved ones. I work in an ICU, so I deal a lot with this subject. I will be home around 8p eastern if you need to chat.
                    Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                    Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#20 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

Damn that's rough, so much went wrong so fast :o(

I can sympathize, when my grandpa was dying it was so hard to watch. He was 91 and also did not want artificial life support. I literally sat in the hospital every day and held his hand. His eyes were him but the rest was a man I didn't know....so tough.

I went to 2 other funerals the same week as his. I say this to tell you I really know your pain, and eventually it gets better.

Spend as much time with her as you can, even if she can't talk she knows you are there. We're all here for you :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users