Jump to content

Photo

How I kicked my Diet Coke habit


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

    Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

    great job jen!!! That's awesome! I don't drink soda but on weird occasions when I crave it for some reason...

    #22 starfish kate

    starfish kate
    • Jr. Member
    • 455 posts

      Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

      I was doing well with my Diet Coke habit, but I sort of "fell off the wagon" over the past few weeks. I'm way better than I used to be- down to about 3 per day from 5-6, but I still need to quit. I think today is just as good a day as any! Mike and I are also joining Weight Watchers because just going to the gym and "trying" to eat better just isn't working. Way to go Jen and Jenn! You laides are my inspiration!
      Kate

      #23 Jones4Me

      Jones4Me
      • Banned
      • 381 posts

        Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

        Great job Jen! I am trying o kick my soda habit too. I usually stop in the AM for a 44 oz soda and fill up at lunch and have at least one more (again - 44 oz) in the evening.... That's like a 2 litre a day! AAUUGGHH!! For the past 2 weeks, I have limited myself to one 24 oz at lunch time. I had BIG headaches at first, but I feel better. In a month or two I will probably switch to a can (12 oz) at lunch. And, lets note - these were not diet. The dietician I work with said I have probably cut 1500 to 2000 calories a day! WOW!

        #24 NYJen

        NYJen
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,326 posts

          Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jones4Me
          Great job Jen! I am trying o kick my soda habit too. I usually stop in the AM for a 44 oz soda and fill up at lunch and have at least one more (again - 44 oz) in the evening.... That's like a 2 litre a day! AAUUGGHH!! For the past 2 weeks, I have limited myself to one 24 oz at lunch time. I had BIG headaches at first, but I feel better. In a month or two I will probably switch to a can (12 oz) at lunch. And, lets note - these were not diet. The dietician I work with said I have probably cut 1500 to 2000 calories a day! WOW!
          Wow - 2000 calories a day You must be losing so much weight. I wish I had drank regular soda, then I would be losing a lot of weight too. LOL!!!!

          One other thing about the headaches . . . I had them too, not too bad, but they will go away after a few days. Just get some Excedrin and STOP DRINKING THAT SODA!!! You can do it!!!

          #25 jenvh

          jenvh
          • Newbie
          • 135 posts

            Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

            I generally had one diet coke a day (more on stressfull days and i wanted extra caffiene). Now I have reduced to one every couple days. But today I go cold tukey! I have a bottle of water sitting on my desk. My biggest problem is that the person I share an office with is a HUUGE addict...he is trying to limit himself to 8 a day! So we have a mini fridge in here stocked with cold diet coke. Argh!
            I may also start drinking iced tea (unsweetened of course) as a replacement. It isn't the caffiene I am trying to quit so much as the chemicals and artificial sweeteners in the diet coke. I also think I may stop using splenda and go back to regular sugar.

            #26 cheese_diva

            cheese_diva
            • VIP Member
            • 1,966 posts

              Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

              Yeah Jen! It's my day #1 too!! No diet coke.. just water. :)
              http://i148.photobuc....0smash/032.jpg
              faberphotography.com
              <a href="http://lilypie.com/"><img src="http://lb2f.lilypie.com/Yg4Cm8.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Second Birthday tickers" /></a>

              #27 NYJen

              NYJen
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,326 posts

                Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jenvh
                I generally had one diet coke a day (more on stressfull days and i wanted extra caffiene). Now I have reduced to one every couple days. But today I go cold tukey! I have a bottle of water sitting on my desk. My biggest problem is that the person I share an office with is a HUUGE addict...he is trying to limit himself to 8 a day! So we have a mini fridge in here stocked with cold diet coke. Argh!
                I may also start drinking iced tea (unsweetened of course) as a replacement. It isn't the caffiene I am trying to quit so much as the chemicals and artificial sweeteners in the diet coke. I also think I may stop using splenda and go back to regular sugar.
                That's why I quit. It wasn't about the caffeine, it was about the artifical sweeteners that are SOOOO bad for you. Regular sugar is so much better for you.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by cheese_diva
                Yeah Jen! It's my day #1 too!! No diet coke.. just water. :)

                Great job ladies!!! Keep it up!!!

                #28 Jenn

                Jenn
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,557 posts

                  Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:21 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jones4Me
                  Great job Jen! I am trying o kick my soda habit too. I usually stop in the AM for a 44 oz soda and fill up at lunch and have at least one more (again - 44 oz) in the evening.... That's like a 2 litre a day! AAUUGGHH!! For the past 2 weeks, I have limited myself to one 24 oz at lunch time. I had BIG headaches at first, but I feel better. In a month or two I will probably switch to a can (12 oz) at lunch. And, lets note - these were not diet. The dietician I work with said I have probably cut 1500 to 2000 calories a day! WOW!
                  Holy cow! That's awesome! 2000 calories a day will definitely make a difference really fast :) Congrats and good luck with your weaning!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cheese_diva
                  Yeah Jen! It's my day #1 too!! No diet coke.. just water. :)
                  Great job! 1st day is the hardest, but it definitely gets easier and the water will become second nature :)




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users