The Great Bridal Expo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

I was wondering if anyone has ever been to one of these expo shows and is it worth the time.

I received a postcard in the mail for 2 free tickets to attend the expo.

If you're interested in going, here are a couple of locations they will be starting in January.

• 1/06/2008 - Philadelphia: SHERATON PHILADELPHIA CITY CENTER
    • 1/13/2008 - Atlanta: GRAND HYATT ATLANTA BUCKHEAD
    • 1/20/2008 - Washington, DC: RENAISSANCE WASHINGTON DC HOTEL
    • 1/21/2008 - New York: NEW YORK MARRIOTT MARQUIS

You can also visit Great Bridal Expo :: Like No Other Bridal Show in the World for more info and a list of their tour schedule.

I misplaced the postcard but once I find it, I'll post the promo code for the free tickets if anyone is interested.
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

I haven't been to one of those but we have a big one in Seattle coming up next week that I'll be going to January 5th and 6th.
    Seattle Wedding Show

#3 BrittneyD

• 679 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

I went to a bridal show last year. I think that can be very beneficial for a tradiotional bride, but there is not a whole lot a destination bride can get out of it. If you do not have a dress, you may be able to get some ideas for that. I am glad that I went, because that is where we found our photographer.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

#4 nenamono

• 282 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

I went to one before. I think the show is good if you are planning a wedding in the area or AHR not a destination wedding. All the vendors are from the local area and give you their pitch. It wasnt all that bad though dont get me wrong its great if you are looking for ideas, inspiration, invitations and if you hungry (they served food when I went, again b/c the location was a reception venue and wanted you to sample their catering). It would be great if they had one for destination weddings.

#5 trisha0612

• 491 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:30 PM

I agree...Theres not much at all for us DW brides! however, my email has been flooded mail from vendors I will never need!
          Travis & Trish
          Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#6 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

I went to the Great Bridal Expo last year. It's very different from the regular bridal show that we've gone to a couple times.

The Dallas Bridal show will have hundreds of wedding vendors and that's the main focus of the show.

The Great Bridal Expo has about 20-30 wedding vendors, and then a really cool fashion show.... complete with paid professional models, runway, lights, music, etc... very cool indeed. They give away about 2-3 prizes that are really good (noritake china set, all the wedding flowers, bridal gowns, etc...).

We found that at the GBE, it's best to get there at the beginning: wander the vender booths and collect the info you want, and make sure you register for all the freebies when you do this. Then find a seat about an hour before the fashion show is scheduled to start because it will be packed and late-arrivers wind up standing for the 2 hour show.

Once the fashion show is over---- the whole thing is over, essentially. The first time we arrived, we checked out about 3-4 vendor booths, then grabbed our seats for the fashion show. We figured we'd finish talking to vendors and registering for prizes/giveaways after the show. Nope- while that show is going on, the vendors are closing down their prize drawings and they start packing up.

#7 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:40 PM

I went to a bridal show in PR that is similar to GBE. It covers the entire Carribbean and is in February. We received lots of information and it helped cement our location in Old San Juan.

#8 Alipires1

• 298 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

I'm planning to go to the Philly one this Saturday! I'll let you know how it is.

#9 ticia277

• 212 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

I LOVE BRIDAL SHOWS! Even though we're having a DW,, I still attend the shows for the freebies and prizes. I won the GRAND prize at the show in Atlanta last January. It was a Trip to Africa. We went in November and had a GREAT time ! So my advice is even if your a DW bride, go to the shows and sign up for EVERYTHING !!!! You may win your honeymoon !
                  Loving Married Life!

#10 foxytv

• VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

I've been to one for a friend a few years ago. Great for a local wedding, but not much to offer, except to register for free stuff and contests for any of us DW brides. But, it's still fun to get ideas and like Ticia said above -- REGISTER to win anything possible. But beware b/c you will likely start getting lots of spam emails/phone calls/junk mail as a result of signing up for things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users