Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#201 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

Your pictures look great Ann. Everything was beautiful. I wish that we could have extended the time but I dont think that is an option for the intimate package. It ended up being that we were only there for like 3 hours and withe the reception, picture taking, and dinner, we really didnt have time for much else. But the boat ride back was nice and like a mini reception.

#202 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

I strongly suggest to extend it, unless you know there are several old or really young people who cannot take it. We had 2 small children that danced the whole time and didn't get tired. We didn't have anyone elderly there, the oldest people were in their 60's and they too danced until the end.

Now we had a twenty-something who overindulged and went to sleep in a beach chair until it was time to go...lol. I wish I would have extended it a whole hour but I was afraid 30 minutes was too long, for us it was too short :o(

#203 j&j

j&j
      • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hello Ladies! I haven't posted in quite some time...busy being a newlywed! Married at Las Caletas on May 5th! It was amazing. I know I was super anxious to see pictures, so thought I would share mine. Roberto Aceve's daughter Erika took the photos for our wedding. We were very happy with the results. Have fun planning and feel free to fire some questions my way. Oh, and noticed you guys are chatting about the extra time out there. I strongly recommend it. It is over before you know it; we did have a bit of a party crowd, but even those who weren't tearing up the dance floor were enjoying hanging out in the sand.
        Saludos,
        Jamie
        http://www.twojamies.weddingwindow.com

#204 MarlaB

MarlaB
        • 108 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Jamy,
          I didn't realize an exta 1/2 hour was an option. I thought it was by the hour with one hour being the minimum. I saw that it is $10 per person per hour with I believe a minimum of $300. How did you get 1/2 hour? Did you pay $5 per person? Sorry I'm being so nosy!!

#205 MarlaB

MarlaB
          • 108 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

Melissa, Just wondering if you were secluded in the Intimate package? It looked like you were. Did you see others around? How long were you at Las Caletas?

#206 Rkiss

Rkiss
            • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

I got an email from Nicole today so I am getting even more excited. I am just copying Ann's wedding! A couple questions for you Ann:
              Did you walk down to the Trio? Also, the bamboo chuppa thing, what did you chose? I think I saw someone that had the big giant green palm leaves instead but can't remember who it was. Is it better to have the covered table? I am having the DJ as well.... other than that I think all details are covered. Just need to figure out if we want to go through the whole civil ceremony while we are there. I am going to go back and look at pictures! I am sure I can find a couple more questions to ask!

#207 Rkiss

Rkiss
              • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

It was Lindsay (Feb14bride) that had the green arch - wondering what that is called... love it, adds some colour. If anyone knows please tell me!
                And also wondering if it costs extra as the bamboo chuppa does.

#208 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rkiss
                  I got an email from Nicole today so I am getting even more excited. I am just copying Ann's wedding! A couple questions for you Ann:
                  Did you walk down to the Trio? Also, the bamboo chuppa thing, what did you chose? I think I saw someone that had the big giant green palm leaves instead but can't remember who it was. Is it better to have the covered table? I am having the DJ as well.... other than that I think all details are covered. Just need to figure out if we want to go through the whole civil ceremony while we are there. I am going to go back and look at pictures! I am sure I can find a couple more questions to ask!
                  Hey! I did walk down to the Trio - but we didn't tell them what to play, we just let them do their thing.

I did a bamboo chuppa, but I don't know if it costs extra. I do think that the big palm leaves are what you get if you don't specify anything else - no extra charge. Ask away!

Quote:
                  It was Lindsay (Feb14bride) that had the green arch - wondering what that is called... love it, adds some colour. If anyone knows please tell me!

#209 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:02 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MarlaB
                    Jamy,
                    I didn't realize an exta 1/2 hour was an option. I thought it was by the hour with one hour being the minimum. I saw that it is $10 per person per hour with I believe a minimum of $300. How did you get 1/2 hour? Did you pay $5 per person? Sorry I'm being so nosy!!
                    Yep we paid $5pp for an extra 1/2 hour, but it had to be based on 60 people due to the $300 minimum. I still wish I would have done the full extra hour but that's my only regret so I can't really complain.

#210 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                    • 413 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

Quote:

Yep that was us!!!

The palm archway doesn't cost anything extra, it is what is included in the basic package...

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users