Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1271 lindseyb

lindseyb
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hey Andi-

I am also getting the maracas but I am getting them from a girl in PV that does custom paint/designs on them. The ones that LC can get for you are also nice.

Question though are you doing 1 per person or 2? I am still undecided on that I was just wondering other peoples thoughts......

-Lindsey

p.s. can anyone tell me the trick to uploading a pic to your profile? I keep trying and it says upload failed.

#1272 jweekley

jweekley
    • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

Ooh I love the idea of maracas too. That's so fun. Vanessa and I are all over that idea.
      So, another question...my travel agent (who seems ill informed) told me that Puerto Vallarta isn't really beach-fun as much as it is fishing-fun. Is she full of it?

#1273 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
      • 246 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Holley!

I wanted to have fresh flowers, but was worried they'd wither. I guess I'm only really concerned that they make it through the pictures though. I'll have to let Kelley know so she can bring out orchids. Thanks!!
        March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
        Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
        http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#1274 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
        • 246 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hey Lindsey - I'm doing the custom Maracas and putting one in the OOT bags w/ our names, date and location. The other one I'm thinking of using as place cards w/ their names on it.
          March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
          Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
          http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#1275 kati

kati
          • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

Jweekley - PV is certainly not a fish only kinda place, my girlfriend and I have been going there for years and the beach life is fabulous.. In fact we do nothing but lay on the beach. And it is fabulous every time..

#1276 kati

kati
            • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

Oh and Holley can you put a link up to your review, or can someone..?

For the life of me I can't figure out this website..

#1277 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lindseyb
                Hey Andi-

I am also getting the maracas but I am getting them from a girl in PV that does custom paint/designs on them. The ones that LC can get for you are also nice.

Question though are you doing 1 per person or 2? I am still undecided on that I was just wondering other peoples thoughts......

-Lindsey
                because they are kind of big, I was thinking of just putting one on each plate (just as Meaghan did) I figure I will want to keep a pair and the kiddos that are coming can keep a pair, but after the reception I am not sure that everyone will want maracas that say "reggie and Andi" forever.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kati
                Oh and Holley can you put a link up to your review, or can someone..?

For the life of me I can't figure out this website..
                sure here is the link
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32724

#1278 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

I love the maraca idea! So cute, so would have done that!

#1279 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,490 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

ok, so question for everyone on the maraca idea. In my head I am thinking of using the maracas in place of the traditional clinking of the glasses for the bride and groom to kiss. So they will shake the maraca instead, is this how everyone else is planning to use them as well?

If so do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a cute little note tied onto each one to explain what they are really for?

I dont know why but I really like this whole maraca idea...and after I saw that Maeghan had them engraved, I was more excited! I told my FI about this last night and he just looked at me with blank stare and said "oh babe, just do whatever makes you happy!". He shouldn't have told me that! If only he knew about all of my FUN ideas I have for this whole wedding thing!

#1280 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                    • 413 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

Maeghan - I just had a look at your photos - your wedding was gorgeous! May I ask where you got your Bridesmaid's dresses? What style/designer are they - they are stunning! (my best friend is getting married in January 2010 and I'd like to show her these!)

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users