• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

Okay, I ended up going with Shutterfly because my lap top bit the dust and all of my phots are on there that i have left and it seems to be user friendly.

#32 jmb0902

jmb0902
    • 496 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

Is paying for Kodak the only high resolution option? Is the deal with Shutterfly and all those if you download someone elses posted pics they aren't high res? Can someone who knows anything about photos help me please :) I am super confused after ready this thread... and I definitely want my guests to be able to print pics... not just order them from said web site we decide to post them on!

#33 deefalvey

deefalvey
      • 521 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

ok....

I could use some advice here....I have the same questions as the previous post...Is there a way to put all of the pics in one place where all of my guests and I can download and print and not have to pay to order?

Kodak?
        Snapfish?
        Shutterfly?
        Photobucket?
        Anything?

Thanks girls!!
        Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#34 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

I used KODAK Gallery: Print, Store & Share Digital Photos—Order KODAK Prints, Photo Books, Photo Cards & Gifts and don't have any complaints! But I am not sure what you mean by "and not have to pay to order". I gave out photoshare cards that gave the group login (which was an email account I had created just for wedding stuff) and the password and people were able to upload right to there, but if htey wanted to order something, they would have to pay for it.

#35 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

well, i mean they could right click from the photoshare site and save to their own computer and print it that way, but the res wouldnt be very high and they might look crappy, kwim?

#36 jmb0902

jmb0902
          • 496 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:04 AM

So does anyone know of a good high res way to share/save your pics?

#37 Carlitarenee

Carlitarenee
            • 248 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:45 AM

I am using Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing . I use it for personal pics and I also set up a separate account to use for the wedding share.

Pros:
              1. Can get pics in Hi-res
              2. Can download individual pics to your computer
              3. Online application allows you to bulk download all your flickr.com pics onto your computer at once (one of my favorite applications)
              4. Can categorize pics as public, for friends, for family, or for friends and family
              5. Has editing software and good bulk editing features for organizing
              6. My very non-technically savvy mom was able to easily follow my photoshare instructions to upload to flickr

Cons:
              1. No slideshow features
              2. For unlimited uploads it cost $25 for the year
              3. No easy way to share albums unless they have a flickr.com account or they are using the login/password provided on the photoshare card

#38 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:55 AM

I used
                So does anyone know of a good high res way to share/save your pics?

#39 jmb0902

jmb0902
                • 496 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:12 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  I used www.kodakgallery.com and paid for the upgraded membership. It was either $2.95/month or $25 for the whole year. Or something close to that. I have absolutely NO complaints!
                  So can you print pics straight off of Kodak that are high res? Or do you have to order them online from Kodak?

#40 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

It gives you the option of both (at least it did when I used it). If you paid for the higher subscription, you could download the photos (full res) to your computer and then print.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users