I've been reading through as many posts as I can find about photosharing websites. I think I'm going to create an account qith Snapfish or Kodak. My big question is what email address to use when I sign up? I did one of these for my reunion in November and used my own email address to sign up. Whenever anyone ordered pictures, their order confirmation and information got emailed to me. So, should I create a separate email account toohuh.gif

My other question is whether anyone has a template for the photoshare cards that the guests are given? I remember seeing Angela's and I love it! I would love to see what others have done too.

TIAsmile03.gif

Hmm... that's weird how you were receiving those emails. I use both Snapfish and Kodak Gallery and just used my regular email address, but that didn't happen to me.

Side note, earlier this year I had to create an account to view someone's wedding photos here (I think it was with Pictage?) and I still get emails from them about ordering her prints! It's not her fault and I've been too lazy to unsubscribe. When I joined I missed the fine print saying they would solicit me, I just wanted to see the pics...lol

Yeah, when I created a Snapfish account for my high school's 10 year reunion for people to share pictures, every time someone ordered pics, I got a confirmation email for it. I just wanted to make sure that for the wedding, if people ordered pics, they would get their confirmations, you know? Maybe I just signed up wrong. Thanks for the feedback, Jamy!

if they are ordering through your account that's why you are getting the e-mails. For example I did a snapfish account for my wedding photos and had my friends upload their photos so they could all see them. At some point I am going to just order a cd of all the photos so I have digital copies of my friend photos, but if they had ordered photos through that account they would have ordered through my account, which is why I would have gotten a confirm e-mail.

Now if you upload photos and then e-mail the link to share they have to create their own account.

I was planning to use Snapfish, but I am not sure how to avoid the email confirmation problem. I am planning to order prints from them this weekend so I will see if it's possible to change the email address during the ordering process. As far as the card, I was planning to just "borrow" Angela's card :)

I would think that you could just forward the confirmations... it would be annoying, but it would work. I'm using Kodak and paying the $25 so that everyone can download high resolution images for free. I still need to make a card... does anyone have a pic of Angela's? Paging Angela...

I don't know anything about snapfish but I LOVE shutterfly! It rocks and it is easy to share things! I don't know what happens when you share pics and people order but I love it lots! I am always buying stuff on their site, actually this is how i made our STDs and got lots of positive feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopels View Post
I would think that you could just forward the confirmations... it would be annoying, but it would work. I'm using Kodak and paying the $25 so that everyone can download high resolution images for free. I still need to make a card... does anyone have a pic of Angela's? Paging Angela...
Here you go...it's in this thread:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t10415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopels View Post
I used dotphoto and have been very happy with their free site.

Not sure if anybody is ordering prints from them, but I didn't really care about that. Wanted to have a nice site to share them and allow high res downloads. From there, people can u/l them to the site of their choice or put them on a flashcard to print at CVS, Walgreen's, etc...

Another great thing is that guests don't have to create an account to view your photos. They can either see them through the Digital Photography-Upload, Print, Share, and Organize Your Digital Photos with dotPhoto.com site or on a customized personal site that you create (whatevernameyouwant.dotphoto.com)

If you have more questions let me know. You can password protect stuff, make slideshows, etc... We've basically used it to upload photos and view. About 10 of our guests have theirs up already and not one person has called me with a problem.

There's my two cents... Or maybe three.