• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:20 PM

I'm going to be a bridesmaid next week. My hair is too short for an updo & too long to wear down. So I bought this little clip-on wig at Sally Beauty Supply today ($20). I'm surprised how real it looks. It's also so easy. I just put my hair in a low pony tail & clipped it on top.

Just thought I'd share, because this might be an option for your bridesmaids. I used something similar years ago when I was in a wedding. We didn't have enough time to get updos because our day was packed with decorating. I might wear it again next year when I'm in a wedding that is in the country so I don't have to drive to town to get my hair fixed.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

That looks cute Morgan.
      Michelle

#3 LadyP

LadyP
      • 3,156 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

African American women have been doing that for years lol. they make clip on wigs too. My friends at work love them. It fits just like the bun you have now except it is a wig that will extend your hair as long as you wish.

It looks cute on you.

#4 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

Wow, I have seen them before at stores and thought for sure they wouldn't look right but that looks really nice!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

My wiglet worked out great for the wedding. Everyone thought it was real. It stayed in place all night even with crazy dancing. It was also really great because I wasn't busy getting an updo. I was able to show up early & help out the bride & mother of the bride. It's crazy how everyone calls the bride with problems, so I was glad I had time to take over answering her phone. It was also just really nice to be able to relax & visit with everyone. Yay Wiglet!

#6 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

That's cute - the Jessica Simpson clip ons are really great too - my hairstylist put one on me one day and they look really real. It just takes a while to get them...you have to be "fit" for one...not measurement wise but they match it to your natural hair colour and can add highlights and cut it and all kinds of stuff like normal hair before you get it.

#7 babycow

babycow
              • 367 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

I love those clip ons! It looks so cute on you. My sister let me borrow one of hers for her wedding. I had just gotten a really short haircut and it looked terrible, I just made two ponytails to hide my own hair and then clipped on a long wiglet and whala I had a georgeous hairdo. Plus FI loved it!
                http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                Erica and Tim
                Dreams Tulum
                Mexico
                May 17, 2008

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

Oh yeah -- I love Sally Beauty. I get the half wigs and extensions from there and love to have fun with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users