Photo

St Thomas bride update....ROLL CALL

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#251 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

Welcome red head. I wanted to get married on limetree beach. My WC has some beautiful pictures of weddings there, but we couldn't get married there so wo're getting married on Lindquist beach... It's supposedly secluded and the pics I've seen are also beautiful. Happy Planning...

#252 jstinemari

jstinemari
    • 86 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hi! i am considering St. Thomas.. i was wondering if anyone has had or has seen a wedding on the beach at Trunk Bay? it looks so beautiful but i dont want too many onlookers.. i spoke to a WC who suggested doing it late in the afternoon, before sunset. does anyone know much about the beach??

#253 LOLA

LOLA
      • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hey everyone! I am so happy and relieved to have found this forum!

Where are you from : Albany, NY
        Where are you getting married in St. Thomas: Not Sure Yet!!!!!! I love the Ritz Carleton Venues, but its so pricey, we're also considering the Marriot. I would really love to rent a Villa though and have it catered! We'll be hosting around 70 peoples so we definitley need the room! Does anyone have any sugesstions?? I know there are only a few villas that allow party's over 50 guest!!
        When are you getting married: 10/10/10
        who is you WC : Don't have one yet. I've talked to a few but haven't made any decisions! We're going to St Thomas for a week in December but I would really like to have the venue booked by then.

Any ideas or suggestions are great! So glad to have gound this!!!

#254 Tonir

Tonir
        • 283 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

Welcome Lola! I've heard amazing reviews of the Marriott. I'm staying in a villa and haivng my reception there. We are staying at Sea Star (you can google Sea Star St. Thomas). The owners (Bonnie & Doug) have been very nice and accomodating. They had their daughter's wedding there for 150 people! So it should definitely be able to accomodate 70. They also have a wedding coordinator that they work with (but I cannot review her yet). Good luck!

Justine - I think Trunk Bay is on St. John's, not St. Thomas, right?

#255 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jstinemari
            Hi! i am considering St. Thomas.. i was wondering if anyone has had or has seen a wedding on the beach at Trunk Bay? it looks so beautiful but i dont want too many onlookers.. i spoke to a WC who suggested doing it late in the afternoon, before sunset. does anyone know much about the beach??
            jean-marcus who is a vendor on this site did a shoot in that area I would PM him! He suggested to do a TTD there when I get married in St.Thomas!

#256 hugrad

hugrad
            • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

Tonir,

are your guests also staying at the villa?

#257 hugrad

hugrad
              • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Kim, I am also considering the Marriott and Havana Blue. I didnt know that you wouldnt be able to have a dancing area. Did that work out well for you ?

#258 Tonir

Tonir
                • 283 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hugrad - not all of my guests are staying there. We have rented a villa with our friends. My parents and their friends rented a villa nearby and the rest of the guests, I think, will stay at Secret Harbour Resort which isn't too far away. PM me if you nee more info!

#259 LOLA

LOLA
                  • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Tonir, wow seastar looks amazing thanks so much for letting me know

#260 mrsgtobe

mrsgtobe
                    • 153 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Here's my info! (was planning Grand Cayman but FI wanted a longer cruise soooo St. Thomas it is!!)
                      Dee
                      From Florida - moved from Massachusets 16 years or so ago
                      Getting married on Lindquist Beach, St. Thomas
                      Wedding date is April 13, 2010
                      WC - Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings - just in the beginning processes with her but love her already :)

We're taking a cruise there and it's just the two of us so we're just enjoying the time together....then a bit after we get back we'll have our reception with all our family and friends.
                      Dee

http://ticker.7910.o....WVuZCBpbiA.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users