Photo

So I got a card in the mail yesterday........

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

So, after Karen's Christmas cookie party was over and we were sitting on the couch watching Project Runway (quite the manly man I am lol) she mentioned that I got a card in the mail today. She ran and got it for me since I was exhausted and not feeling so well. I looked at the name on the address and was thinking hmmmm I am not sure who that is from but the last name sure sounds familiar.

Open the card up and low and behold it was from my girls at BDW with a Starbucks gift card inside! It was such a nice nice card with a little note written to let me know that everyone was thinking of me and hoping that things are going good. I have not been around as much lately because of issues with life, health and other assorted trials and tribulations. Not all of them bad, but definitely not all good either. Apparently Karen was in on the plot and she was just smiling with her mischievous grin while I read the card and got a little teary eyed.

It's funny the way the universe works sometimes. I had just gotten back into the fold here a few days ago because I missed everyone and wanted to see what was shaking here. So while you all were thinking of me and getting this together, I was thinking about all of you as well. I always say there is no such thing as coincidences and this is just another example of it.

So thank you so so so much to everyone that had a hand in it and I plan on giving each and every one of you a hug when I get to see you. I figure at some point or another we will get to meet more and more people from this board in person. That card definitely brightened up my day and meant more to me that you guys can imagine. You guys really are the definition of friends no matter how spread out across the world we all are.

Meester Jason is back to stay and you will be seeing a lot more of me around here. I still aint touching any of the "lady stuff" threads with a 10 foot pole though. Thanks again so much and I love you all. Today is already looking like a better day

Jay

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

Aww Meester Jason, I'm glad the card could brighten your day a little. You certainly deserve it!

I hope you feel better soon... big hugs to you and Karen :)

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

Jason we know how much we love having your around and think about you ofter with everything you are going through. Glad it put a smile on your face, I'm sure it's hard to smile when your in pain on the time,. shoot I'm a total b*tch when I'm not feeling well, I can only imagine how I would be in your shoes. :-)

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

Of course we were thinking of you...now take your wife out for some starbucks!
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christine
          Of course we were thinking of you...now take your wife out for some starbucks!
          I sure will! To make it even more special, we are going to stop by Starbucks before we get on the highway to go see our new nephew this Saturday. I can't think of a better time to use it.

#6 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hope you're feeling better soon Jason!!
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lambert13
            I sure will! To make it even more special, we are going to stop by Starbucks before we get on the highway to go see our new nephew this Saturday. I can't think of a better time to use it.
            perfect! Enjoy and feel better. Have fun with your nephew and don't forget pictures.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

Oh Jason, you made me tear up at work. You definitely deserved a little "pick me up"!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:28 PM

of course we're thinking of you senor jason! you and karen add a lot of light to this forum - no doubt! i hope the card could at least put a little smile on your face - you deserve at least that! enjoy the Starbucks - and the time with you nieces and itty-bitty nephew!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

yay, you got it and we have been thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users