Photo

how long did you book your photographer for?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#101 aaronlori

aaronlori
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

My mother always told me her only regret regarding her wedding was that she didn't have a professional photographer. That always stuck with me so I made sure that I have a photographer who I love. I've booked Julia Eskin for our wedding in the Dominican because I love how her photos are natural and not too edited. I have booked her unlimited package so she will be there from lunch when I start prepping until the party starts that night with our first dances. I hope she lives up to my expectations!

#102 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
    • 328 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

I booked my photographer, Aurora Gutierrez of AuroraGPhotography in Guadalajara, Mexico, for the entire day basically. I think it depends on what you're looking for. Initially, I looked at it in terms of hours, thinking I only wanted the major parts covered (getting ready, ceremony, couple/family shots). However, she will stay the day with you. My video guys were the same way. When we got done, they got done. It also depends on the style/intensity of your vendors. I think 6-8 hours is good enough, but then you have to consider the cost. Each photographer prices differently. Do you want one that prices by hours spent or images taken? I'm glad they were there the whole time because I think it tells a better story.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#103 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
      • 244 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

This is a great thread! I have been contemplating how many hours lately. I originally booked our photographer for 4hrs but now I'm worried that it wont be enough time!

#104 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

I've booked Ivan Luckie of Luckie Photography for the entire day plus TTD the next.

#105 Essential0929

Essential0929
          • 236 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

We booked La Luna for 5 hours at their recommendation. We wanted longer, but it simply was not in the budget. I think they can capture a great story in that time though.

#106 redginger

redginger
            • 360 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

We booked only 4 hours for our wedding...I'm also now really worried that that's not enough time. We're expecting 50 to 60 guests.

Originally Posted by Samantha88k 

This is a great thread! I have been contemplating how many hours lately. I originally booked our photographer for 4hrs but now I'm worried that it wont be enough time!

#107 Evgal

Evgal
              • 175 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Great thread!  I booked for 4 hours but now I'm considering pushing it for 5.

#108 bride6262

bride6262
                • 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

any suggestions for montego bay or ocho rios photographers?

#109 redginger

redginger
                  • 360 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

If you go to Jamaica Wedding Vendors forum, you'll find lots of recommendations and threads on photographers for Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. Take a look at Stacey Clarke and Misha Earle's websites...they are fantastic photographers and have great reviews on BDW. Good luck!

any suggestions for montego bay or ocho rios photographers?

#110 bride6262

bride6262
                    • 582 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

thanks so much i will take a look!!!

Originally Posted by redginger 

If you go to Jamaica Wedding Vendors forum, you'll find lots of recommendations and threads on photographers for Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. Take a look at Stacey Clarke and Misha Earle's websites...they are fantastic photographers and have great reviews on BDW. Good luck!

http://www.mishaearlephotography.com/

http://www.staceycla...hotography.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users