Photo

ROR Reception: Poolside vs. Plantation?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

Yes, the beach and pool options are the exact same. I will take lots of pictures, but I am not so good at posting them:-) We are counting down the days now!!!! Yayy!
    Jocelyn & Cory
    RIU Ocho Rios

#12 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

Cant wait to see the pictures and read the review! I'm so glad someone else is going this route!

#13 chicago88

chicago88
      • 699 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jaychristensen
        We are having a beach reception from 6:30 - 10:30 (hopefully more like 11ish). It is $50 per person and includes open bar, set up and 3 different menus and tiki torches. The dinner is buffet and would cost extra to be served. We went back and forth between the pool and beach but figured the beach because when is the next chance we'll be able to dance in the sand? :-) Everyone is excited about it. We are using tiki torches provided by Chandlyn and also have 100 luminaries to set out.
        Oh that sounds awesome!!!

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
        http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#14 Jill

Jill
        • 113 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hey guys,

I am interested in the poolside reception.. so is it 50 per person plus 10 for bar or is that included... and you eat and dance there?? has anyone seen this set up or have pictures>??
          Thanks
          Jill

#15 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
          • 70 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

It is $50 per person and that includes the open bar. Yes, you can eat and dance on the beach or by the pool. I can let you know how it goes after April 19th:-)
            Jocelyn & Cory
            RIU Ocho Rios

#16 kater

kater
            • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

The beach reception sounds awesome, but I'm curious, would it be possible to do on a Friday night? I've seen on here that they do a beach party on Friday nights, and didn't know if the two would interfere with each other....

#17 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
              • 813 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hey all, I was just send the menu for the beach/pool reception. From what I understand for 2009 its $55 pp and includes open bar. Its a BBQ menu but I was told this can be changed. I will try to post it. I also have the plantation menus and some buffet menus if you need them

Attached Files

#18 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                • 302 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to not have dinner beside the pool but to have a reception area set up afterwards there so we can still do dancing there and drink?

#19 amagee

amagee
                  • 129 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

I emailed Chandlyn about the beach reception, as we are having the dinner at Mammee Bay, then were thinking about having the beach reception. She told me the price was $15 pp, then you have to pay for entertainment.

#20 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                    • 302 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

I just wrote this in another thread, but I also heard back from Chandlyn...for a poolside reception WITHOUT the dinner, its $15 per person and that includes setting up the tables with lights, candles, etc. and an open bar.....i think that a poolside would be really pretty all set up, and no bother about sandfleas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users