• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

I use a lot of Stila too! Brands that I like a lot are:

Nars (esp for blush, they have the BEST blush!!)

Stila

Benefit (if you have dark circles under your eyes, get their Eye Bright pencil - amazing!)

Philosophy (I use their skincare stuff...LOVE the cleanser Purity made Simple. takes off ALL my makeup no problem)

Smashbox

Cargo

and of course, Bare Escentuals

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by redwards
      I use a lot of Stila too! Brands that I like a lot are:

Nars (esp for blush, they have the BEST blush!!)

Stila

Benefit (if you have dark circles under your eyes, get their Eye Bright pencil - amazing!)

Philosophy (I use their skincare stuff...LOVE the cleanser Purity made Simple. takes off ALL my makeup no problem)

Smashbox

Cargo

and of course, Bare Escentuals

yes, and Bare Escentuals, I love them!

#13 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:39 PM

I use Bliss face wash and cleansing products. Steep clean is the only thing that will clear out my pores.

Nars blush in Orgasm is fab. I also LOVE Nars lipgloss because it's not sticky.

Bare Essentials is my everyday makeup. Love it.

#14 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

if it's not too late, i'd highly recommend this blush: O-Glow by Smashbox. Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com
        it's a liquid/gel blush, you only need a little smidge, and it does not rub off the way powder blush can. It's $26 but lasts forever. I bought my last tube in August and I'm not even halfway through it and I use it nearly every day.

and for mascara, i love Lash Injection by Too Faced ($19.50)
        Sephora: Too Faced Lash Injection: Mascara
        I've never had a problem with this mascara running, and I cry at everything, haha.

#15 Birdie07

Birdie07
        • 1,218 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

No it's not too late I haven't gone yet b/c I'm a procrastinator. I loved reading about your mascara..."little lash socks" hahaha! Almost all of you have recomended bare escentuals. My mall has a store called something like this and I was wondering if its the same thing. I keep seeing it spelled different so I wanted to make sure its the right one I get.

#16 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

This is the one we're talking about...when you go, you can have them do your makeup with it and see if you like it....it's pretty cool stuff. :-)

Bare Escentuals at Sephora

#17 Cherie

Cherie
            • 83 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

I made an appointment at Sephora, and someone did my makeup for me. I told her that it was for my wedding and she helped pick out the colors that would work best for my eye and hair color. She even helped me pick out foundation that would work if I had a tan. I bought everything she used...it was great! It is definitely not cheap though...

By the way...I also bought the Bare Escentuals...and it IS amazing!!

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                No it's not too late I haven't gone yet b/c I'm a procrastinator. I loved reading about your mascara..."little lash socks" hahaha! Almost all of you have recomended bare escentuals. My mall has a store called something like this and I was wondering if its the same thing. I keep seeing it spelled different so I wanted to make sure its the right one I get.
                It is probably the same brand. Our mall just opened up a separate Bare Escentuals store and we also have a Sephora that carries it as well.

As for foundation, I just had my makeup professionally done for our engagement shoot and the one thing I ran out and bought afterwards was the Armani foundation. It's about $50 for a bottle but my stylist said it lasts forever if you only use it when you know pics will be taken/on a big night out/etc. I use Bare Minerals (Escentuals) on a daily basis tho for foundation, powder and blush. For eyeshadow I really like Urban Decay. They have some nice neutral colors that are also a little shimmery - I've gotten lots of compliments. One is called "X" but I don't remember the other one offhand... As for mascara, on a daily basis I use Maybeline but for going out I LOVE "Kiss Me" mascara which I discovered after getting a sample of it from Sephora. It REALLY stays on. It's like it wraps around your eyelashes forming thicker ones on top. You can sort of peel them off later (doesn't hurt) or they'll come off on their own but not until later the next day. My FI always says my eyes look so beautiful the morning after I put them on after a long night out so that says something

Hope this helps :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#19 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

Whoa Jamie- what is this mascara? It peels off? Sounds interesting.
                  Happily married since 2008

#20 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

I know the mascara's sound cool...the kiss me she poste and the lash injection a few posts up sound the same. They both make little "lash socks" that just come off....I don't know which one to get hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users