Photo

What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#731 alysam4785

alysam4785
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

We are dancing to "my bestfriend" by Time McGraw. I get goosebumps when he sings it to me. It really is US.

#732 alysam4785

alysam4785
    • 176 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

oops TIM McGraw lol

Originally Posted by alysam4785 

We are dancing to "my bestfriend" by Time McGraw. I get goosebumps when he sings it to me. It really is US.

#733 Mmack

Mmack
      • 118 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

awww sounds great

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#734 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
        • 186 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I love that song, I wanted to use it but my FI said no because like 95% of our friends have used it.

Originally Posted by alysam4785 

#735 Mmack

Mmack
          • 118 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

it will come to you!

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be 

This one is really hard for me. I told Brian he is in charge of music. Sometimes we get really into it and just sit and DJ all night. We have been keeping a list of songs that we would like to hear but not one of them has popped as "our song".

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#736 Bruuning17

Bruuning17
            • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:25 AM

'Our song' isn't actually a typical wedding song.  Its called "I don't know" by Lisa Hannigan.  Its the song that would make my FI think of me when we were very first dating.  So I'm not sure if we should use it for our first dance or not.  Its super cute, but more about dating than getting married.  Thoughts?  

#737 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

I have no idea what we will do for our first dance???? i have so many songs that remind me of FI how do i choose .... i have time i guess lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#738 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                • 270 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

For the last few years we have always said our first dance would be to "everything" by micheal Buble.  However when I heard "God bless the broken road" by Rascal Flatts, I am torn!!  We are definitely not country fans, but the lyrics just seem to fit, and it gives me goosebumps and I tear up.

Not sure what to do.  I think we need to sit down and listen to the lyrics together, maybe even dance to them to see how it feels?... Those of you who had trouble choosing, how did you decide?  Any suggestions?

Holly

#739 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
                  • 162 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Great thread... My better 1/2 doesn't like to dance so it has to be a simple one lol...

#740 deniden

deniden
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 355 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

For the last few years we have always said our first dance would be to "everything" by micheal Buble.  However when I heard "God bless the broken road" by Rascal Flatts, I am torn!!  We are definitely not country fans, but the lyrics just seem to fit, and it gives me goosebumps and I tear up.

Not sure what to do.  I think we need to sit down and listen to the lyrics together, maybe even dance to them to see how it feels?... Those of you who had trouble choosing, how did you decide?  Any suggestions?

I love love LOVE Michael Buble, but not sure Everything is a good first dance song... it's one of those songs where it's too fast to slow dance, but too slow to fast dance - if you know what I mean, lol.

Have you ever heard "The Best of Me" by Michael Buble? It's a close 2nd for our song choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users