Photo

The best man just bailed!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 newfiebride

newfiebride
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

Said that turns out he wont be able to afford it! (after knowing about it now for about 10 months) Too bad but it Sucks. Guess we'll just have to have 2 girls and 1 guy (he'll be bumped to best man, lol) AND he was one of our witnesses. Everyone else in our wedding party is family and family can'y be witnesses...

#2 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:40 PM

so sorry...thats to bad i guess just try to move on his loss so sorry....
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

I had real problems with a BM bailing on me last minute. I asked another friend who was coming along (who is also a very good friend) if she wanted to step in for her and she was very excited and happy to do so. Is there someone coming along who could step in and be a GM? You have a bit of time, I am sure someone would love to do it. As for a witness, you must have someone else coming who is not family. Anyone can do it, it does not have to be someone in the wedding party.

#4 newfiebride

newfiebride
        • 196 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JulieG
          I had real problems with a BM bailing on me last minute. I asked another friend who was coming along (who is also a very good friend) if she wanted to step in for her and she was very excited and happy to do so. Is there someone coming along who could step in and be a GM? You have a bit of time, I am sure someone would love to do it. As for a witness, you must have someone else coming who is not family. Anyone can do it, it does not have to be someone in the wedding party.
          There may be one other couple coming that would be able to witness. As for another guy to step in, not really anyone coming that he would ask, except for his dad, who is he VERY close. Not your normal groomsmen, but hey, he's closer with him than anyone else and it could be a nice touch.

It would have been a LOT easier if it was my bm, as I have another friend that is coming who i feel i probably should have asked but didnt because I wanted to keep things small.

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by newfiebride
            There may be one other couple coming that would be able to witness. As for another guy to step in, not really anyone coming that he would ask, except for his dad, who is he VERY close. Not your normal groomsmen, but hey, he's closer with him than anyone else and it could be a nice touch.

It would have been a LOT easier if it was my bm, as I have another friend that is coming who i feel i probably should have asked but didnt because I wanted to keep things small.
            So get him to ask his dad. I think his dad would be so happy. Who cares about typical, but I have been to 3 weddings where the grooms dad was the best man or a GM. I think it would be so sweet.

#6 newfiebride

newfiebride
            • 196 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JulieG
              So get him to ask his dad. I think his dad would be so happy. Who cares about typical, but I have been to 3 weddings where the grooms dad was the best man or a GM. I think it would be so sweet.
              Actually i'm not sure he would do it. Sure he would be honoured to have been asked but I can hear him now saying he's to old to be up there with us, look too old in pictures(odd man out), etc...lol

#7 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by newfiebride
                Actually i'm not sure he would do it. Sure he would be honoured to have been asked but I can hear him now saying he's to old to be up there with us, look too old in pictures(odd man out), etc...lol
                I think its worth a try, I bet he might say that but would still do it. Talk to your FH about it, but I think it would be a great solution.

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

I'm sorry he bailed, that really sucks. I hope your FI isn't too upset about it. I agree with Julie, he should ask his dad to be best man. Even if he says no, that would be such a nice gesture if they're so close.

#9 Golden

Golden
                  • 354 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:09 PM

That happen to us as well, said he could not afford the trip. So we have 2girls and 1 guy.

#10 Debs

Debs
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,104 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

That's why we aren't asking anyone until the actually book. I don't want pressure asking someone who might not make it, and go through the bother of dresses etc if they are going to bail.

We have a flower girl, for sure, and that's it so far! But a good friend of mine is helping me with details here for our buck and doe, and dress shopping, so she said even if she can't make it down there, I'm getting help for everything else. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users