• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:43 AM

We had a great time at the lake. It was so cold that we didn't get to do much, in fact it snowed every day! But it was just relaxing to be there and not have to work.
    The first 5 minutes we were there by pug (Diesel) walked off the pier into the freezing water, Amos grabbed him out of the water, and he didn't seemed phased a bit (it was quite funny!)
    The first day, Thursday, was a little stressful for me, my family, as most of you all know, still left and went to Costa Rica. Their plane from Miami to Costa Rica was having mechanical problems and they sat in the airport for hours, missing their little puddle jumper plane. That was the last I heard from them. I called the hotel many times the next day and they still hadn't arrived... Almost 24 hours after they were supposed to be there, they finally called. They had to drive 7 hours to the hotel. I can only imagine, after the WC told me that the roads were not good there. Anyway there arrived safe and will be on their way home today.

Here are some random pictures from our weekend.

Click the image to open in full size.

we did go visit the Flight 93 crash site Memorial, it is about 2 miles away from their house, it was so surreal....

and of course, my baby thought he was king...

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:47 AM

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Thank God your family got there ok!

#3 robindepaula

robindepaula
      • Banned
      • 514 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

Glad you had a relaxing weekend!!!

#4 starfish kate

starfish kate
        • 455 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:53 AM

Shelley, I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend- I'm sure you needed it. I was thinking about you on Saturday.
          Kate

#5 cessyboston

cessyboston
          • VIP Member
          • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

hey girl...i am so glad you had fun...omg i love places like that you dress cozy no makeup drink tea or hoe chocolate boots love it...love your dog....i got the chills with the site where flight 93 was wow ......glad you and amos had a relaxing time sounds like the family did not...omg imagine if that was your wedding...you would have been so stresssed...
            Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#6 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

Shelley those pictures are beautiful. I am so glad you had a relaxing weekend. I am sure it wasn't easy but you are so strong and you will have a beautiful wedding.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 NYJen

NYJen
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

Wow, that lake house looks awesome!!!! Glad you had a good weekend.

Did you and Amos discuss what you want to do now for your wedding? I'm dying over here to find out what you're going to do.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

I'm glad you guys got away. The lake house looks awesome! I love that kind of stuff! I bet it was nice for some one on one time to get your heads straight. It's what we all need sometimes!

#9 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

dammit, I miss snow!!! and seasons!!!

I'm envious.... a relaxing weekend at a lakehouse.... *sigh*
                  Glad you had a good weekend. :)

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

What a lovely getaway! Glad you got some peace :o)

P.S. For many of you guys snow on the ground is no big deal but seriously I've only been in snow twice in my life! Never been in a winter like I see on television...I want some swiss miss and malt-o-meal...LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users