Photo

Las Caletas Shoe Advice

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 B&G

B&G
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:18 PM

We told our guests to wear flat-bottomed shoes to the wedding. Most wore some type of sandal! Once it was time for the reception, almost everyone had their shoes off anyways...
    Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:53 AM

i agree - i think there was a huge pile of shoes by the stairs by the end of the evening. when it came time to board the boat to head back, everyone just had to dig for their shoes.

#13 Cyclone

Cyclone
      • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

I bought what is called barefoot sandals. I also bought them for the girls in my wedding. Check seaheart.com and they have what is called nyoshoos also if you want fancier go on ebay and type in barefoot sandals and a bunch will pop up. I'm sure you'll find something on there. They are for bare feet on the beach. What I liked about the nyoshoos is that you can wear them with shoes also. I received them and they also fit kids feet because they stretch and are comfy.

#14 janderson

janderson
        • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Go barefoot! I had my shoes for the pictures before the ceremony - but never put them back on. All of our party went barefoot and most of our guests. So, for the ceremony - I would strongly encourage it because you will be most comfortable and it is great for running in the sand for pictures later. I had a very small heel for later - remember you will have the boat ride back...

jen

#15 happyone

happyone
          • 223 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

Yes, I agree. Flip-flops give you the option to quickly be barefoot at any time.

#16 SarahL

SarahL
            • 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:35 AM

On our wedding invitations, we put "Beach Dressy - Shoes Optional" for the dress code.

We went barefoot for the ceremony, but had some "Just Married" flip flops to wear later. I kicked the flip flops off at the top of the stairs, just before I got to the spot where people could see me. Nicole left both of our flipflops under our table at dinner. It worked out great.

There is NO WAY I could have worn heels!!! In the sand OR on the stairs. I'd have been on my butt in 2.3 seconds.
              Roberto and Sarah
              February 22, 2008

#17 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
              • 178 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SarahL
                On our wedding invitations, we put "Beach Dressy - Shoes Optional" for the dress code.

We went barefoot for the ceremony, but had some "Just Married" flip flops to wear later. I kicked the flip flops off at the top of the stairs, just before I got to the spot where people could see me. Nicole left both of our flipflops under our table at dinner. It worked out great.

There is NO WAY I could have worn heels!!! In the sand OR on the stairs. I'd have been on my butt in 2.3 seconds.
                I went to the Bridal Expo in Dallas this weekend and ordered flipflops from them: Anadia T. ? flip flops, home decor, fashion accessories, virtuous style

They're white with a fleur de lis (in rhinestones) on the top. Super cute! We're having a fleur de lis theme.

#18 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:50 AM

These are very cute flip flops!

Check these out.

Anadia T. ? flip flops, home decor, fashion accessories, virtuous style

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users