Photo

Las Caletas Shoe Advice

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 tja

tja
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

I was hoping that some past Las Caletas brides could give me a little advice on shoes. I'm wondering if you wore heels or something else during the ceremony. I don't want my shoes sinking in the sand during the processional!

#2 photograbock5

photograbock5
    • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

BAREFOOT!!!!! it is on the beach, afterall : ) (unless you're doing it somewhere else, of course!)...then, lovely little flats or sandals for getting around Caletas. It's quite a hike up to the bridal suite and then back down again.

If you're one of those people who lives and dies in heels, you'll probably manage fine, though...be careful about snagging heels on the grass mats they have as your runner.

For me personally, it was just a little strange to opt for heels for a beach wedding, especially in a setting such as Las Caletas.

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:34 AM

I agree, don't wear them. It's not a shoe kind of place. We were barefoot as were our BMs and GMs. Nicole (WC) told me she had a bride who insisted on stilettos and she pulled it off - akwardly.

If you must I would suggest a wedge over a heel, but don't be surprised if you get there and decide to scratch the shoe idea :o)

#4 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
        • 413 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

I agree with everyone's comments - we were barefoot almost the whole time and when we weren't barefoot - we were in flip flops...

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

DITTO! I had a pair of lower heels I planned to wear down the aisle and kick them off when I got to the sand - but I ended up kicking them off sometime before the sand - too much of a pain! And I was barefoot the whole night ... except when we went back to the boat I threw on some wedges I had (luckily) brought with me.

#6 B&G

B&G
            • 79 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

I know I'm posting this a little late but...

Definitely go barefoot. We both did. I've heard horror stories about brides who have attempted to wear heels down aisles on beaches...
              Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
              Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
              Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

What are the guests? Should they bring flip flops and then take them off?

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:29 AM

We told our guests to wear flip flops or shoes they can take off easily. I think everyone was barefoot at one point!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

same here, Jamy - most people had their shoes off on the dance floor. but you'll want something for the boat ride probably.

#10 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starchild
                      We told our guests to wear flip flops or shoes they can take off easily. I think everyone was barefoot at one point!
                      Good to know!!! Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users