Sign in to follow this  
tja

Las Caletas Shoe Advice

I was hoping that some past Las Caletas brides could give me a little advice on shoes. I'm wondering if you wore heels or something else during the ceremony. I don't want my shoes sinking in the sand during the processional!

BAREFOOT!!!!! it is on the beach, afterall : ) (unless you're doing it somewhere else, of course!)...then, lovely little flats or sandals for getting around Caletas. It's quite a hike up to the bridal suite and then back down again.

If you're one of those people who lives and dies in heels, you'll probably manage fine, though...be careful about snagging heels on the grass mats they have as your runner.

For me personally, it was just a little strange to opt for heels for a beach wedding, especially in a setting such as Las Caletas.

I agree, don't wear them. It's not a shoe kind of place. We were barefoot as were our BMs and GMs. Nicole (WC) told me she had a bride who insisted on stilettos and she pulled it off - akwardly.

If you must I would suggest a wedge over a heel, but don't be surprised if you get there and decide to scratch the shoe idea :o)

DITTO! I had a pair of lower heels I planned to wear down the aisle and kick them off when I got to the sand - but I ended up kicking them off sometime before the sand - too much of a pain! And I was barefoot the whole night ... except when we went back to the boat I threw on some wedges I had (luckily) brought with me.

I know I'm posting this a little late but...

Definitely go barefoot. We both did. I've heard horror stories about brides who have attempted to wear heels down aisles on beaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
We told our guests to wear flip flops or shoes they can take off easily. I think everyone was barefoot at one point!
Good to know!!! Thanks!!