According to your memory @calgarybride2015, I'm due for some wedding nightmares! lol
@perianjay Ahh! That's terrible! I'll consider myself lucky that they haven't really started yet. Poor Mike though haha
I was supposed to have a planning call with our wedding designer today, but she never called. I'm pretty surprised because she is normally really good with contacting me on time. I was hoping to have some new updates for you all but that will have to wait until I hear from her.
A few things I am waiting on before making any decisions:
- Cost to have wine on all tables
> Would you ladies care or do you think it's fine that the waiters and waitresses come around and refill glasses? I mean, the bar will be open the whole time but I like the idea of people being able to pour their own glasses in the event the aren't topped up frequently.
- DJ Max (Mega DJ)
> We are going to book the cheapest of the two vendor approved DJs IF they confirm they will play at least 95% of our requested songs (Mike's been working diligently on our lists and surprisingly enjoying it lol). Because we are paying to extend the bar for an extra hour, we will have to pay for the DJ to stay an extra hour as well as for their meals. Extra cost is surprisingly minimal so we are okay with that.
> As much as all of you had great success with the Wedding DJ App, we're just too nervous to try it. We decided to splurge a bit and cut back on a few other things to make the DJ happen. I think we will be so grateful we did day of.
- Cost of podium rental
> Shocking - this is extra! I asked where our MC's were supposed to stand and they said "beside the DJ booth". Umm, no. We want them to have some sort of home so if the prices aren't outrageous, we are going to look at renting something for them.
> I don't think I wrote this on here...maybe I did...but we asked one of my best friend's (a bridesmaid) and her husband to MC our wedding. We are SO excited that they said yes. They will do an amazing job!
- May change our hair and makeup appointments to later. We are scheduled for 11 and 12 but with the ceremony being at 4:30 I am thinking we should push it to 12 and 1 because that still leaves us with plenty of time to get our dresses on and have a bite to eat.
- Since we are no longer having a formal cocktail hour, I need to sort out which bar would be the best spot for our MC's to say "feel free to grab a drink and a bite to eat at X bar while the bride, groom and families take their photographs". Hoping the WD will give us an idea. @snswedding2016 - I know you recommended somewhere to me but I cannot remember.
- When do we need to let the resort know about any allergies or vegetarian options?
> I don't think we have any but I haven't asked and their are a few of Mike's friends that have significant others I haven't met that may fall into these categories.
- Timing for ceremony
> Should we tell people it starts 15 minutes before it does or will that cause issues if the wedding team is scrambling to set things up?
- Can we get a copy of the Sky Deck video and if so, how much?
- Where will they hang the lights for me on the Sky Deck? Is along the sides an option?
- Confirm that we want Peach Bellini served as guests arrive at ceremony and sparkling wine to be served post-ceremony
- Change the cake order to the smallest cake ever
> My mum's friend is going to make a fake layer for us that will go underneath the smallest cake ever. This way we can still have a cake cutting but our cake won't be super embarrassing.
Hopefully we can get some of this sorted out ASAP. I am off to the mall because my girlfriend found an adorable white dress at Banana Republic. Fingers crossed it works and I will have my shower dress