275 replies to this topic

#121 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

they change our flights too and we were getting married legally so now my fiancé and I are arriving before my guests.

#122 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

@calgarybride2015 

I'm glad it didn't get dragged out...hopefully it'll be all fixed this up coming week! I will keep you updated for sure!

@kcole123

Always the way right!

I hope everything is all straightened out for you too...at least it's only one day same as me...I actually kinda wish I was arriving a day before my guests.

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#123 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

@snswedding2016 thanks :)

I'm making a huge list right now....just not sure where things should be on the list! lol...It's getting there

@kcole123

I do most of my efficient planning at work actually...I work on a computer all day so I find at night I just don't want to look at a computer at all...plus my brain shuts down at 4:30 when I leave the office! lol! 

Here's what I have done so far..

• Ceremony Dress, Shoes, & Accessories (except undergarments & Alterations)
  • Reception Dress, Shoes, & Accessories (except undergarments & Alterations)
  • Wedding Rings 
  • Photographer
  • Trial Make up apt at Sephora...may do my own make up...may get it done at resort
  • Trial Hair Apr with my Friend...she may do my hair...may get it done at resort
  • Legal ceremony date,  location, & officiant  (just have to get the licence in June when I go home for a weekend)
  • all the bridesmaid accessories (except for a necklace)
  • All the Groomsmen Atire & accessories (except for a belt)
  • FI's Pants and Shoes
  • 50% of the Bridesmaids Gift
  • 20% of the OOT bag
  • 30% of stationary Design
  • Flower Girl Outfit and Seashell ball
  • First Dance Song picked
  • Tea light holders for the Tables
  • Straws and flags for the place names ( like @kcole123  )
  • Seashell and ribbon for the rings ( Like @calgarybride2015 )
  • my Bouquet sorted with the resort
  • my Dad's pants 

OK this list isn't too bad...starting to feel better... I will start working on  making apts for things. I am using the resort Video and DJ but it seems as though you don't book them..you just put it in the spreadsheet you send a month before and confirm when you get there... that makes me nervous...it seems a though my WC doesn't understand what I'm asking...or I'm not understanding her answer.

you have so much done! see, sometimes it totally feels like "Oh my, I'm slacking" but when you put it all together in your mind it's not so bad :)

Have you tried calling your WC? sometimes I find that helps to make things clearer rather than e-mail. 

event.png

#124 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

@Meandhim ya it is all good now! freaked out for a bit lol! I am actually glad that we are now too!! It all works out for the best :)

#125 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

@Smellsey @kcole123 @calgarybride2015 @krystalball

I have just finally gotten all my AC nonsense straightened out... (for now :rolleyes:lol) ... Fortunately I was able to get the Sunday to Sunday direct flights just one day after my original flight and still on the weekend so only my brother had a problem with this and he was able to extend his holidays to suit. AC also confirmed in writing free Hotel rooms for any of my guests doing an overnight in Toronto on the way down or way back so that's awesome. I also got upgraded to first class again at no charge this time. Our flight times are also much better...we get there at 4pm now instead of 8pm! Bonus! I guess this was really a blessing in disguise... but boy it sure didn't seem like it at first!!! I am lucky that I acted so fast because there were another wedding group on that flight that did not get so lucky...one group end up with a 5 hour Montreal stop over!

@TinkerSofi The whole month of June the only "wedding" to-do items that I did was get my wedding licence and our watches, we are saving rings for the real wedding and exchanging watch for the legal one. :) Time to pick up the to-do pace! I haven't heard from my WC since may..looks like I am going to have to call if I want my answers!

SO....Just 4 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 6 DAYS, & 21 HOURS until I leave for Punta Cana! I almost threw up as I was writing that...

my legal ceremony is in just 17 days! My wedding commissioner is actually in the hospital right now...he just had open heart surgery! I hope he is still fine to do the ceremony otherwise I'm screwed! lol! Guess its time to start making some calls and thinking of a back up plan for that especially with my luck! lol

Started the 21 DAY FIX (no Shakeology) on Day 11 already lost 7 lbs (Shocked!)...really really easy plan...plus its kinda keeping me from stress eating. I haven't even been super strict ( I did sneak a chocolate bar in there)  because it the first round, I'm just getting used to meal planning, and I know I'm going home to the land of best food ever soon :D . I plan on getting more strict after my Vacation. 

I don't think I will get Much of my "To-Do" List done this month either...sigh...we have my FI's friend and gf coming to stay for a week and then we are going for 2 weeks! I will bring some of it home with me but there is no internet and barely any cell signal there (as in I have to drive 5 min to the hill to get a weak signal) so I may get stuck. It'll be nice to relax and have no connection to the world but I definitely be in panic mode the minute I get cell service and can read emails again! lol! I think I will bring my message in a bottle favours (that I still haven't done!) home and make them there. When I come back I will internet shopping like crazy! Do you think three months is enough time or should I order some things now? I don't want them to come while I am gone and then get sent back! I'm not a very savy online shopper! suggestions?

Oh and I forgot to mention...

one of the groomsmen called me today...he might not make the wedding! Told me not to tell my FI yet because he's not sure yet but he thought he'd get me a heads up!...lol...is it wrong to say I can't wait for this to be done and over!

event.png

#126 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

I'm so happy that things worked out with your flights, and extra time at the final destination is always a bonus! :D 

Yay!! the day is getting closer and closer!! 

I suggest you get your online stuff now. I've been having a ton of issues with Canada Post, and I don't even know if some of the stuff will make it on time, even though i ordered it about 3 months before! Better safe than sorry is my advice ;) 

event.png

#127 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:58 AM

@TinkerSofi I guess you are probably right! I'll order some stuff this weekend I guess...I know Vistaprint can get here in a week or two so I'll wait til I get back to order that stuff...I'm headed to your thread to read all about rather than ask you a bunch of questions here!

event.png

#128 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

@Meandhim you're getting so close to your big day!!! Can't believe your legal ceremony is coming up - how exciting!! So glad there is a silver lining to the whole AC situation!! Glad it all worked out for the best!

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#129 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

@Meandhim            aww i'm glad your flight changed worked in your favour.  I had a similar situation and it worked out in our favour as well.

I would definitely suggest getting all your online shopping done now.  It seems far out but it's not.  I had an issue with a vendor and the item that I ordered arrived the day I was leaving and they sent me the wrong item so I definitely wasn't able to resolve that one. I ordered a lot of items a month before our departure date and i was really surprised to see how many things just barely arrived.  it gave me a lot of unnecessary stress and a lot of stalking the postman.

yay november!!  :) 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#130 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Wow - the fact that you're doing a countdown like that and I'm just a couple of weeks before you? Yikes! Thank goodness it isn't our wedding... otherwise I'd be really freaking out! lol  My only glitch - we still don't know where we're staying! I think the decision is made "in mind" but we haven't actually booked and I'm thinking that will change next week. We're going on vacation too next Friday and I'm sort of thinking I would like to book the resort before we go. Then nothing to worry about when we get back!

I hope you're going to do pictures for the legal!! Absolutely want to see them!! It will all work out just as your flights worked out in the end. The angels are blowing you good luck kisses!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users