• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

I just kept our bridal party family only because I knew they were coming. In your case I would just play it by ear and for sure have your sister and two groomsmen. I think there's a way to keep costs down for the bridal party... We picked out 75$ outfits and ended up paying for almost everyone's . They are doing their own hair and makeup ( one is doing mine!) we gifted them with some nice things including the flip flops and the jewelry. And I'm glad on my part I only had 4 total so buying them this stuff wasn't too crazy

#12 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 119 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

We have decided not to have a bridal party. I feel it has relieved a lot of stress- not dealing with different opinions or worrying about hurting feelings or picking outfits, gifts, etc. I hope everyone who I would have asked will be able to attend, but since they aren't a part of the bridal party, I won't be heartbroken if they can't attend.

Since you have already invited your 2 sisters and 2 cousins, I don't think you should take back the invitation if they are able to attend. And, if the number of females to males is uneven, I think it will still be fine. Hope everyone comes through for you!

event.png

#13 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:45 AM

I think you need to do what feels best for you, or whatever you want :). The beauty about DW is that because they're so unconventional you can get away with breaking some of the rules. I didn't want a lot of bridesmaids because our wedding is not very big and I didn't want half the guests in our wedding party haha. I felt like it would make the rest feel really excluded. I chose My brother, and my two oldest friends. My fiance was going to have his two sisters and maybe a friend or two. One of his sisters now isn't sure if she can come, so she decided she won't be part of the bridal party. That leaves 3 people on my side and 2 or 3 people on his. I really don't think the numbers need to match, especially when the numbers are pretty even, like 1 and 2. The important thing is that if you want your sister up there with you then you should have her, no matter how many people are on your fiance's side :)

event.png

#14 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

I am having my best friend since I was little and my sister and my FI's sister. My Fiance has his brother in law, his best friend since he was little and his cousin. I think you should do whatever feels best for you. That is the beauty of a DW!!! :)

#15 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
  • 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the input everyone! You're right, you can get away with breaking some rules with a DW. :) 

#16 MrandMrsBonitto2016

MrandMrsBonitto2016
  • 321 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic~Kukua/ Staying at Dreams Palm Beach
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

I was just asking myself this very question. I don't want the headache of choosing. Nor, do I want to pose a financial obligation to anyone. So I will probably ditch the bridal party.

Future Mrs. Bonitto 12/14/16

30ag12yqu333h.png

#17 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

Nay. We've decided not to have one. We are embracing the unconventional opportunities with a DW. Although when I told my sister we weren't having a bridal party but if we had to pick just one I would pick her... She almost cried. That made me want to! Lol. But we're sticking to the plan.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

#18 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

Nay. We've decided not to have one. We are embracing the unconventional opportunities with a DW. Although when I told my sister we weren't having a bridal party but if we had to pick just one I would pick her... She almost cried. That made me want to! Lol. But we're sticking to the plan.

It's funny that you mention that. In our culture there is no such thing as bridesmaids and groomsmen, so our unconventional is having them! haha I guess it's all about perspective ;)

I'm also breaking the rules even more by having my brother on my side haha :) and he's having at least one of his sisters on his. 

event.png

#19 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
    • 134 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
    • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

I have 3 MOH's (my 2 sisters and my new sister in law) and he has 6 groomsmen. Each gal will walk with 2 guys. I couldnt pick one sister over the other for MOH and then i didnt want my sis in law to be left out. They have been wonderful. Each have thier own strengths. Do wht makes you happy. It will be refreshing. I would have been fine too without a bridal party but sisters and i have a pact

#20 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

I have 3 MOH's (my 2 sisters and my new sister in law) and he has 6 groomsmen. Each gal will walk with 2 guys. I couldnt pick one sister over the other for MOH and then i didnt want my sis in law to be left out. They have been wonderful. Each have thier own strengths. Do wht makes you happy. It will be refreshing. I would have been fine too without a bridal party but sisters and i have a pact

Same here, I have two MOH's because they're both really important, and my man of honor (my brother) :P. There's no rules, just what's best for you :)

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users