• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#101 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

@veryvalentine thanks for the peptalk! I probably shouldn't be complaining about MY fiance on YOUR planning thread! Haha. :P

I just looked at our weekends in April and they are absolutely packed, including his "non-bachelor party" weekend trip to Toronto with his guys. So I'm planning to use that to persuade him to plow through some of our to-dos this weekend! Unless we have any last minute joiners I think our guest list is pretty well set so we can really get down to business!

#102 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

@TinkerSofi

We are going to use an iPod - thank you for reminding me that I def need to start settting that up.

My only issue is that our guests are split with some that only speak English, a few that speak both English and Spanish, and then a crowd that only speaks Spanish.  So I'm going to let the FI pick some Spanish songs to so we can have a nice balance. 

Can't wait to hear your music picks.   

Most of our guests are Latin and so are we, so we're definitely going to have a big proportion of Spanish songs as well as some english songs. Our first dance is a salsa song actually :) 

event.png

#103 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

@beckys98  it's amazing what one weekend can do in terms of getting ahead.

I'm trying to maximize the amount of things I can get done and sorted out by end of March so that I feel good about starting April.  lol  April and May are going to fly byyyyyyyyy

@TinkerSofi

Aww so are we.  I was born in Canada but half Spaniard and half Mexican and the FI is Peruvian.   quite a mix.

What is your first dance song?

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#104 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

Totally! My plan for April is also to buy new summer clothes and just pack them away for the trip so I get a head start on that! I HATE packing so the last thing I want to be doing is scrambling to pack the day before we leave. I'll surely have last minute wedding and beauty things to do so this is one thing I can actually do in advance - it isn't like I need to be wearing summer clothes and bathing suits in Chicago now :)

#105 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

@beckys98  it's amazing what one weekend can do in terms of getting ahead.

I'm trying to maximize the amount of things I can get done and sorted out by end of March so that I feel good about starting April.  lol  April and May are going to fly byyyyyyyyy

@TinkerSofi

Aww so are we.  I was born in Canada but half Spaniard and half Mexican and the FI is Peruvian.   quite a mix.

What is your first dance song?

I'm from Argentina and he's from Colombia. 

it's valio la pena by Marc Anthony :)

event.png

#106 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Oh nice!!  Are you guys going to salsa dance the first song??  @TinkerSofi

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

#107 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

Oh nice!!  Are you guys going to salsa dance the first song??  @TinkerSofi

indeed we are! We've been taking classes for more than a year now and we'll put together a little routine for our wedding :)

I don't know how it's going to turn out with my dress and all, but we just felt like it was a good song for us. Juan picked it like 3 years ago haha. I just think it would also be too much trouble to change into a short dress for the dance and then back into the wedding dress, so my dress will have to do haha. 

event.png

#108 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

@TinkerSofi I love the idea of your first song being a coreographed salsa dance!!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#109 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

Totally! My plan for April is also to buy new summer clothes and just pack them away for the trip so I get a head start on that! I HATE packing so the last thing I want to be doing is scrambling to pack the day before we leave. I'll surely have last minute wedding and beauty things to do so this is one thing I can actually do in advance - it isn't like I need to be wearing summer clothes and bathing suits in Chicago now :)

I'm starting a packing list today because I keep thinking of all these things i have to bring and I know i'll forget half of them if I don't write them down somewhere. 

@TinkerSofi I love the idea of your first song being a coreographed salsa dance!!

We're starting it in May :) and getting a private lesson from our instructors. I'll let you guys know how it works out. We're at an intermediate level with our dancing but definitely no more than that. We have a lot of work to do! 

Edited by TinkerSofi, 26 March 2015 - 09:34 AM.

event.png

#110 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

@TinkerSofi

that's pretty amazing.  for anyone that watched the Super Bowl  (Katy Perry's half show) I am totally left shark and have very little dance skills.  It's a miracle I can even do zumba.  I kinda wish that the FI and I did something similar to it, but for me it would create so much extra stress that I'm not I could even handle it.  lol 

Edited by veryvalentine, 26 March 2015 - 09:38 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users