hardyali

Newbie! Punta Cana Feb 2016

Hi!

Recently decided on a destination wedding in Punta Cana! Soooo many choices on resorts. Luckily we can't book airfare until April, so that gives me time to look at resorts. Good luck to everyone!!!

• Like 2

Welcome to our forum community, hardyali, and Congrats on your upcoming Punta Cana wedding!!! you've come to the right place for lots of wonderful info, advice, and support to help with your planning decisions :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers! team MTM :)

977507_10151583237619487_1679086461_o.jp

@@hardyali  Welcome welcome! Yay for Punta Cana! That's where we have decided on too. Just narrowing down the resorts now, waiting to hear back from our travel agent. Have you a rough idea of where you are thinking or does every new picture of a different resort change your mind?! lol.

Congrats on your engagement!

Hey there! What resorts have you looked into? Im looking for a Feb or March 2016 wedding and Punta cana is on the list - have you had good connections with specific resorts? 

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks,

Melissa

im planning my wedding in punta cana for sept of this year .. i just started and have so much to do ! 

im thinking dreams punta cana and kukua for the reception 

I just booked my wedding at Paradisus Palma Real for Feb 27th, 2016! beach ceremony and gabi beach club (now called fuego) reception. They only do 2 weddings a day, one on the beach and one in the garden, unlike many other resorts that will have 5+ weddings a day. They also have very good wedding coordinators. My best friend's brother got married there so we have had really good reviews from them. Their romance office is also based in Miami so they are very easy to get in touch with. I emailed Dreams a month ago and they still have not gotten back to me! It is definitely the most expensive one that we have found, but at the end of the day I think it will be worth it. 

@@Everly we have some idea, actually this weekend we were supposed to narrow down to 3 resorts and our guest list, but that didn't happen :)  We are looking at Breathless, Now Larimar and Barceló Bavaro Palace Deluxe, but I would like to look at Paradisus Pamla Real also!

@mcrose03  I can email you what our TA has sent us on some resorts. I haven't worked directly with resorts yet, but our TA has given us some general ideas on pricing!

@babykuki  dreams looks wonderful! our friend got married there and highly recommended it.

@@maria1488 thank you so much!  We're looking at feb 29th or March 1st! We would love Feb 28th but it's a Sunday, and i don't think they do weddings on sunday. That would be our 5 year anniversary, i just think that would be a special day!  Thanks for the info on Paradisus Palma Real, I've been wanting to look into it!

I booked my wedding at the Iberostar Bavaro for July 2015. They only do one wedding a day which I like and so far they have been great! They email me back within 24 hours and have given me soooo much information and sent pictures so that I can make decisions easily. I've never been there but I've stayed at the iberostar in Montego Bay and it was awesome. So fingers crossed this resort will be great.