13 replies to this topic

#1 hardyali

hardyali
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

Hi!

Recently decided on a destination wedding in Punta Cana! Soooo many choices on resorts. Luckily we can't book airfare until April, so that gives me time to look at resorts. Good luck to everyone!!!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Welcome to our forum community, hardyali, and Congrats on your upcoming Punta Cana wedding!!! you've come to the right place for lots of wonderful info, advice, and support to help with your planning decisions :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers! team MTM :)

977507_10151583237619487_1679086461_o.jp

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Everly

Everly
    • 43 posts
      • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

@hardyali  Welcome welcome! Yay for Punta Cana! That's where we have decided on too. Just narrowing down the resorts now, waiting to hear back from our travel agent. Have you a rough idea of where you are thinking or does every new picture of a different resort change your mind?! lol.

Congrats on your engagement!

#4 mcrose03

mcrose03
      • 3 posts
        • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

Hey there! What resorts have you looked into? Im looking for a Feb or March 2016 wedding and Punta cana is on the list - have you had good connections with specific resorts? 

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks,

Melissa

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

welcome to BDW!  If you have not done so, reach out to @TA Patty or @TA Kristen.  They are Punta Cana experts.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 babykuki

babykuki
        • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

im planning my wedding in punta cana for sept of this year .. i just started and have so much to do ! 

im thinking dreams punta cana and kukua for the reception 

#7 maria1488

maria1488
          • 32 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 27, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus Palma Real
          • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:58 AM

I just booked my wedding at Paradisus Palma Real for Feb 27th, 2016! beach ceremony and gabi beach club (now called fuego) reception. They only do 2 weddings a day, one on the beach and one in the garden, unlike many other resorts that will have 5+ weddings a day. They also have very good wedding coordinators. My best friend's brother got married there so we have had really good reviews from them. Their romance office is also based in Miami so they are very easy to get in touch with. I emailed Dreams a month ago and they still have not gotten back to me! It is definitely the most expensive one that we have found, but at the end of the day I think it will be worth it. 

#8 hardyali

hardyali
          • 19 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:42 AM

@Everly we have some idea, actually this weekend we were supposed to narrow down to 3 resorts and our guest list, but that didn't happen :)  We are looking at Breathless, Now Larimar and Barcel√≥ Bavaro Palace Deluxe, but I would like to look at Paradisus Pamla Real also!

@mcrose03  I can email you what our TA has sent us on some resorts. I haven't worked directly with resorts yet, but our TA has given us some general ideas on pricing!

@babykuki  dreams looks wonderful! our friend got married there and highly recommended it.

@maria1488 thank you so much!  We're looking at feb 29th or March 1st! We would love Feb 28th but it's a Sunday, and i don't think they do weddings on sunday. That would be our 5 year anniversary, i just think that would be a special day!  Thanks for the info on Paradisus Palma Real, I've been wanting to look into it!

#9 Andrea2015

Andrea2015
          • 18 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 7, 2015
          • LocationIberostar Bavaro Suites

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

I booked my wedding at the Iberostar Bavaro for July 2015. They only do one wedding a day which I like and so far they have been great! They email me back within 24 hours and have given me soooo much information and sent pictures so that I can make decisions easily. I've never been there but I've stayed at the iberostar in Montego Bay and it was awesome. So fingers crossed this resort will be great.

#10 pjay

pjay
          • 1,791 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
          • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

Hi!

Recently decided on a destination wedding in Punta Cana! Soooo many choices on resorts. Luckily we can't book airfare until April, so that gives me time to look at resorts. Good luck to everyone!!!

Welcome!! Any ideas yet for resorts?

My planning thread :
          http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users