Hi Fellow Brides!
I will be getting married at The Finest on June 10th, 2017 and have been stalking this thread for advice/details. We are booked for the ceremony at the Stone Gazebo and the Sky Deck for the reception. We're doing Welcome Cocktails Thurs night at The Grand Palapa and a Rehearsal Dinner Fri at Lizo.
A few questions:
-We made our guest list and my fear is we will have >100 people which is more than the sky deck can hold. Can any brides attest to having a larger sized wedding up there and how comfortably it fit tables plus DJ/dance area?
- What are the options for larger weddings outside? Anyone know anything about having it in the Teatro or a ballroom?
- Is the DJ cost $1,300 per hour or for up to 4 hours? Does this include an MC or is that something extra to pay for?
- As a New Yorker, my family is concerned 4 hot and 4 cold hors d'oeuvres will not be enough food for a cocktail hour. Did anyone add food options to the cocktail hour? Were guests hungry?
- If we want to have signature his/her cocktails, will they do this for free upon request?
- Has anyone done the catamaran for guests to Isla Mujeres and would recommend it?
Your wedding looked absolutely gorgeous!! I noticed you were able to get 3 choices for your reception dinner menu. Did this cost extra or was it just requested, did they give you a hard time or easy to work with?
Thanks in advance ladies!
- We had about 2 tables of 32 (64 seats) and it left plenty of room for dancing, and then the DJ was in the corner. I think you could add another row of tables and fit guests, because we still had plenty of room for a dance floor.
- The teatro is covered .. kinda like an auditorium feel, but it does have an open area to the side. I wanted something with a tropical background, and that's really what I was going for being on a resort, so I did not want anything indoors. Plus I didn't have to spend money on extra floral decor. That's just me though.
- If you go with DJ Mannia, it's $1300 for 4 hours. He provides amps, colored lighting, and an microphone, and he also MCs (announces stuff like first dance, speeches, cake cutting etc.). He was good to work with and answers emails very quickly. Just send him some songs to play, and he will make sure to get it for you. Even songs that aren't mainstream, he will look on YouTube and download it.
- I thought 8 HourDourves was plenty...unfortunately myself, husband, and bridal party didn't get to enjoy it because we spent the whole time taking pictures!!! They set a side an area on the sky deck with high tables and chairs for guests to eat. It did come with a signature cocktail. Just let them know what drink you want, and they'll serve it. Plus open bar!
- We didnt have time to enjoy the whole resort, so we didnt' do one, but if I had more time, I'd do a catamaran out to Isle Mujeres.
- We worked with FunJet, and our conceirge person was able to negotiate a 3-entree options because my husband was really adamat about getting plated dinners for a more fancy feel. They did say they would charge extra $15 per person for lobster, after we already agreed on the set menu. Just ask them if they'll do it-- worse thing they could do is say no. They agreed to it if we would make place cards that specify entree selections for each person which was super easy to do.