Photo

Would This Be An Awkward Sleeping Arrangement?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

So we are staying in a nice resort at my family's timeshare...My parents are renting and paying for a 3 bedroom suite for them (1 rm), my FI and I (1 rm) and my brother and gf (1 rm). All rooms have their own balcony and nice bathroom and basically we all share a kitchen/living room area. I am fine with this, however my mom was asking if we wanted to get our own room for the wedding night. It would probably not even be as nice, and at least 300$. I at first was ok with this but then thought that it doesn't even seem necessary. Would you feel weird with this arrangement for your wedding night? We will be legally married before then, probably will stay out late partying, and have been together over 5 years (on many family vacations too)  I feel very slightly akward, but not really, and would like to save money. 

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

Was she asking if you wanted one because she was 'concerned' lol or was she offering to pay for it as a nice gesture?

Nonetheless, I know they say the chances of getting all frisky on your wedding night isn't high (I could be wrong??) coupled with you staying out late to party, being exhausted from the busy day, and possibly being tipsy and/or drunk, you would probably be safe.

If you have been on numerous family vacations in this set up and are comfortable, I think it would be ok to just stay put, but if it were me I may opt for a private room for that night - just in case! ha!  

Do the rooms border eachother or is the bathrooms in between, etc.?

I can see her point and I can see yours! ahhhh!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
  • Site Supporter
  • 371 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
  • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

The chance of getting frisky on a wedding night is low, but you never know. It might be nice to get a room during some point of the wedding, just to have some privacy for a night..

#4 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

I agree that the likelihood of needing the privacy because you're getting lucky may be slim on your wedding night... But it may be nice for your then DH to have some privacy with his new wife on the evening/morning without his inlaws in the next room. I think it's a nice offer and it would probably mean more to your FI than to you since it's your family... But nothing wrong with spending just a quiet few hours with just your new hubby! I would accept the offer.

#5 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

I would probably accept the offer, but not so much because of awkwardness on the wedding night. Being around people the entire time may be exhausting and you might be anxious for a little down time together. Personally - I'm really looking forward to sleeping in and basking in our newlyweddedness (I made that word up) the next morning! Waking up as husband and wife is going to be so awesome and I want some quiet time to enjoy it and let it sink in before rejoining the group. Breakfast in bed with champagne will definitely be in order!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:28 AM

i agree with the other girls. by the time the day was over i was so exhausted.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 cometgirl

cometgirl
  • 106 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I don't even think it is so much about if anything happens the night of the wedding, but the next morning to just have some downtown and be able to just be with your hubby. Otherwise I would just make a rule that you dont want to be disturbed the next morning to just get some down time because the wedding day will be exhausting. 

#8 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Ahh- thanks ladies. I didn't even think about the fact of the next day and just wanting to hang out and relax. Yeah, the rooms are not next to each other (seperated by a big living room) so that's nice. I will look into how much things would cost and what kind of room we would get....glad to know I am not really weird for considering this arrangement though!

#9 palmtree99

palmtree99
  • 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Bermuda

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, would be nice to have some distance. Frisky or not, I think I would want to be farther away.

#10 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

OMG!! Are you ladies kidding me????? lmao You're darned right I was getting frisky on my wedding night!! lol And we had been together 10 years! No matter what, we had just gotten married, we were in Jamaica in a beautiful resort. We danced and drank, even though it was only 2 of us, until almost midnight. Plus I had spent about $100 on something very "special" to wear! You think I was gonna let the love of my life go to sleep???? Not a chance!!!

I would absolutely jump on the offer of a private room for my wedding night, especially if it's a gift offering. Bu I would spend the money anyway! hmmm sounds like us old folks could teach you young whippersnappers a thing or two!! lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users