So the flowers my resort has available are at insane prices. like 200$ for a bouquet. I am considering going the real touch route (but a lot of the premade ones were very pricey, I am not sure where to get reasonable ones, I may try to assemble it myself). Who are reasonable florists in Puerto Vallarta area? Is it hard to set up an order from the U.S? I saw a thread on this, but not too much info, anyone had luck just trying to buy from Costco or local market the day before?

I'm not marrying near puerto Vallarta rather, playa del carmen.

I'm doing my own flowers. There are produce markets that see flowers and you can always go to costco or similar.

Plus it will be fun knowing you made your own!

Do you plan on trying to plan ahead, just talk to them when you get there, or just go the day before and hope for the best?

My friend just made bouquets for a wedding. Once I saw her work I have her doing mine. Here's her samples:

post-278701-0-70340500-1406791928_thumb.jpg

post-278701-0-80797500-1406791950_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How would you get the fresh flowers to your resort, are you going to go and pick them up? when will you assemble the bouquets, day before? have you find a website that you can order fresh flowers from (just flowers not the arrangement)?

Im weighing this option as well...take silk flowers or get fresh and male our own or just find florist but I have had no luck finding a bouquet I like.. so I'm think if we just make our own I will be able to create what I'm envisioning

Ladies Ladies Ladies.... Don't forget your marrying in Mexico!

They are going to have beautiful flowers!

Im marrying in Playa Del Carmen and DIY flowers!

Im going to go the morning of and pick out my flowers.

I chose my accommodations for lodging based on the ease of being able to get out on foot and walk to the markets and my wedding venue etc.

I think you might be safe if you bought your flowers the day before and then kept them in a humidity controlled fridge. But I would NOT do any handling and cutting of the flowers until the day of.

Im making tall flower centerpieces out of 24 inch candelabras.

Where are you getting your flowers from LisaAnthonypoppy?

We have assembled bouquets and boutonnieres the day before the wedding and they were perfect the day of. All I can suggest is to practice before hand, especially if you have never tried in the past. It may seem easier than it really is.Youtube is your friend you can find a lot of tutorials that may be helpful. 

• Like 1