My Diy Boarding Pass Invitations (Templates!)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marinah84

• 463 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Crown Paradise Club Cancun
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

I have finally finished my invitations!  We are getting them printed now, and I wanted to share them :)

First, I really wanted to do Passport invites, but they looked like a LOT of work plus seemed pretty pricey!  So we went with boarding passes.

I got this from Paperandmore.com (Sidenote - if anyone wants to buy the A-1 RSVP envelopes from me, let me know as I'm not going to use them!  $11.99 is what I paid, plus shipping)

#10 Blueprint Blue Metallic Envelopes (50 Envelopes) -- (Quantity: 1)
Aqua Lagoon Metallic Paper 81# Text -- (Quantity: 1)
A-1 (4 Bar) Crimson Red Metallic 3 5/8 x 5 1/8 (50 Envelopes) -- (Quantity: 1)
Champagne Metallic Paper 80# (100 Sheets) -- (Quantity: 1)

$71.95 (with shipping)

The paper has a beautiful subtle shimmer and good weight.  I'm very pleased!  I had printed out test on regular paper, and you can really feel/see the difference!

I used the AyleeBits template (http://www.ayleebits...-save-the-date/) for the actual boarding pass.  It was kind of a pain to work with, but I ended up figuring it out :)

I used the jacket template with airplane from another member (I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember who...oops).  It was a powerpoint file, but I just saved as a PDF to print and worked out great.  I've attached the one I used (MH Invitation Jacket).

For the letter included on the boarding pass jacket/sleeve, I borrowed ideas from several people on this board, and combined :)  I've attached that template as well (MH Jacket Letter).

Other supplies:

• I got the Silver Rayon Craft Ribbon on Amazon for about $6 (prime shipping).  It seems to have gone up to $10.50...ouch.  
  • I got the Seahorse charms on ebay for $4 for 40 of them (I also got 50 starfish for $1.50 for other paper projects, so this was a little pricey...in comparison? lol)
  • I got the brads on ebay for $7.22 for 34 of them - definitely not cheap, but I love the starfish!  I got 12 starfish, 12 sand dollars & 10 seashells (he only had 24 of the starfish/sand dollar combo).

Total Cost (with postage):  $3.13 cents per invitation!  Not bad, since I used higher end paper (without coupons, oops) and added the embellishments!  It also includes the crimson RSVP envelopes I'm not using, without those, they would have been $2.77 each shipped.  WOW.

And now...the pictures! :)  I just love the subtle shimmer of the paper, it's so pretty!

Invitation & Envelope
Front of Sleeve
Invite in Sleeve
Champagne paper shimmer (front)
Champagne paper shimmer (back)
Sleeve Shimmer
Envelope shimmer

I hope this helps someone!  Feel free to ask any questions!

You can also check out my planning thread here for more DIY/etc:  http://www.bestdesti...se-club-cancun/

Attached Files

30 guests, Bride & Groom & 2 kids - one FANTASTIC time!

Planning Thread - Includes lots of DIY (picture-heavy)

Underwater Trash The Dress Session Photos - Samuel Luna (Photographer)

Resort Review - Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Photographer Review - Samuel Luna - Coming Soon!

Makeup/Hair Artist Review Sara Tamargo

For Sale Items

#2 Sara1603

• 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

You did a fantastic job!!  Those are beautiful!!

#3 atennille

• 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Nice !

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4 maredith

• 94 posts
      • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Looks awesome! Can't wait to settle on a date and location. I am so excited to make mine!

#5 quiana703

• 1 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

You have so inspired me to have more DIY projects. I have been searching threads for DIY boarding pass invites. I love the the style yet so pricey. However do not fee like i'm that handy to accomplish. You did an awesome job. 

Soon to be called "The MRS"

#6 Wrathwitch

• 34 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 11, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
      • LocationOttawa Ontario

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

Very beautiful and creative!

#7 jonesharry

• 47 posts
        • Locationwatford

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

These envelopes look great. These work great for homemade cards and invites. Thanks for offering a giveaway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users