I had emailed Lorilee back and let her know that we are sticking with our own travel agent. I discussed this with my FI and he says we should stick with the same agent just because it's so close to our deposit deadline. People are in the middle of deposits and waiting to hear back from the TA and any other contact will probably confuse them all together.
My FI also has intervened and is now taking over the whole booking process. He knows how stressed I am about all this. I stress myself over things out of my control as well, like people booking elsewhere. He has contacted everyone on his list and has notified them about it being in their best interest to book through our travel agent as a group. He also is gathering everyone's information in order to deposit, under Lily's recommendation. Thanks Lily. He has been doing a good job of it so far. I feel less stressed now that he has pretty much gotten involved with this booking business. It's hard when you are trying to control the whole situation and what everyone is doing. I felt a lot of stress too because everyone is coming to me complaining about the travel agent not returning their calls in a reasonable time. Now they are complaining to him as well...lol He even has a spreadsheet done up of everyone's information. I think it's ridiculous that we have to do this but again it seems like it will avoid delays more so than back and forth emails from the guests and travel agent getting this info before they even deposit.
With Air Transat, we needed 5 rooms booked (10 adults) in order to keep our group rate. Right now we have that. I am hoping others will book with our TA but like my FI said, it's out of our control if they don't. It's their decision when it comes down to it.
Lily, can I ask how much your Edmonton guests are paying for their land only and travel separate? The agent gave me a quote today and it seems expensive right now. I don't know if I should wait or not? My FI and I are one of the couples leaving from Edmonton and we have the land only booked so far. I don't know if it's safe to wait another month or just go ahead and book it through the TA or wait and book our own flights. The thing is about land only though is that airport transfers aren't included.
Thank you everyone for your advice and concerns. This has def. not been an easy one but I am hoping everything will be ok once I know who has booked through our travel agent and that everyone has been contacted about their deposits.
I am booked at Melia Caribe tropical. I have no idea if they charge extra for people not booked within the group. I am hoping they won't or if so it won't be too expensive.
I have a group booking rate through Air Transat. So if people book outside of that group booking will the resort charge extra fee for people that have booked on their own? Don't know if any of you would know this answer based on my information. Would I contact the resort and ask this question?