• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pddcmc

• 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

I was just wondering what "traditions" or special touches you were adding to your ceremony?

So far, I have a sixpence and a "something blue" personalized wedding dress label, both ordered from etsy.

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#2 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

My mom passed away when I was 15 (a very, very long time ago! lol) and even though it was a second time around in Jamaica, I pinned a peice of her jewellery that I have to my bouquet. It was my something old, and my something blue as well as a "memory" piece. I wanted the sixpence, but I wore sandals so it didn't work.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#3 stefadile

• 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

I'm going to do something old, new, borrowed and blue.... My mum passed away when I was a toddler, and I recently found her wedding dress, when we were clearing out my Dad's house. I'll be using little flower embellishments from her dress, and attaching them to a sash from my dress, so that's old and borrowed covered.

My dress will be my 'new', still have to get blue..... I'm also attaching a photo charm to my bouquet, with photos of my Mum and Dad.

Also thinking about having little bells, its an Irish tradition, its supposed to ward away evil spirits, restore harmony, and remind us of our wedding vows. Not sure how to do this one.... but it sounds fun!! :-)

#4 zeman321

• 280 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

We are going to do a lasso ceremony to add a little Mexico to a Mexican wedding!

#5 Tatimrivera

• 156 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

I am doing my wedding jewelry as my something new, I have " i do" blue stickers for the bottom of my shoes, my something old is a rosary my grandmother gave (she has passed) and I hope to incorporate it in my bouquet. I'm still working on something borrowed :/
    Good Luck :)

#6 NotSoWitty

• 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm planning on wrapping a blue set of rosary beads around my bouquet (old and blue) and borrowing a miraculous medal from my Mum. We aren't having a Catholic ceremony so I like that I'll have that touch. My dress will be new! I don't think I'll do the sixpence - doesn't that feel uncomfortable?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: traditions, something blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users